Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Blahs

Where to start...I'm not going to try to recap the last few days... I really can't remember a whole lot!  I can say... that the last two weeks have been a drag as far as work/chores are concerned.  The DeShazo and I have had quite a time at work. It's crazy how things can go from steady to crazy busy in a matter of days!  The Deshazo and I spoke today about how we've just had a case of  "The Blah's"...and that when Monday rolls around....and we have V back in the house.... and C full-time...we will put smiles on and push through....we also discussed how our exercise has totally fallen off and we must...not should...must start back.
 P.S.... V....I know you are my biggest blog fan... and just so you know... we did absolutely nothing to your office while you were gone. True story...but only because your boss was in a lot.. and because The DeShazo thought my idea was too gross...and we were afraid your boss might see it and lose his head. Also...we think we were sad this week because we miss you SO much :) HURRY back!

Today, LG had a wellness appointment!  She's 20 whole pounds now!!!! We finally have a 20 pounder that's 31 1/2 inches long! Martinez and I are asked a lot when out in public " How old is she, 6 months? 8 months?"...Umm....No, we just have a petite baby and yes, we feed her. Don't let that fool you....she's quite the little firecracker...termed by Mrs. A!
We did find out today that LG is showing signs that her urethra tube may try to close.  We've been given a prescription that is supposed to help reverse this, and I surely hope and pray that it does !  I've never heard of this before, but after doing some research this evening....apparently it's common and usually fixed with prescription cream.   She will probably regress on her potty training, but if that's all I have to worry about, that's nothing ! I freaked out at first from just lack of understanding...but LG has had no problems at all and hopefully won't.  I'm thankful to have a healthy little girl and pediatrician who pays attention. She's really only been sick one time in all of her almost 16 months and that is a blessing!

Let's talk weight loss...

I'm totally disappointed in myself...I've not lost more than one or two pounds (fluctuating) since starting this blog.  What's the problem?  Who's to blame?  This girl.  I have failed to lose any more weight because I haven't been trying hard enough... and honestly, not at all the last two weeks... here's part of the problem..

DE-LI-CIOUS.... another adjective.. FATTENNING.

There is no one or nothing to blame but myself.  Yes, I'm still completely happy with my accomplishments so far, and I feel amazing, but I have a goal to make.  By December 31st, I want to weigh 155... That's three whole months to lose 20 pounds.... and almost unrealistic at this point, since I've farted around for an entire month.  What does this mean??? I've got to make an effort, quit making excuses, quit eating yummy junk food, and get motivated.  Bottom line. 

Some inspiration arrived tonight while watching The X Factor (yes, I watch this...it's a reality show!).  A man sang tonight that weight over 900lbs a few years ago.  Now, he weighs 540lbs, but he can't really walk.  He sang beautifully and I sat on the couch crying.  Am I that big? No... but if this man can do it, I can too....

Confession:

A purchase  this week was made by the junk food fairy which consisted of a box of macadamia nut cookies and lemon cookies.....while consuming macadamia nut cookies... I reported to Martinez that perhaps he should take them from me before I ate the whole box.  He obliged and hid them under the bed.... last night... I retrieved the cookies... and started consuming them...Martinez knew that I would not be happy with myself later and took them away and trashed them....THANK YOU.  (If any of you think negatively of him for this... don't read my blog anymore and unfriend me if we are facebook friends!  He did what I truly wanted and needed him to do and I'm glad he did.)
End of Confession......ok...not quite....
After the macadamia cookies were trashed, I made a run for the lemon cookies.... and then ran outside before he could grab those....(Running is burning calories, right?)... I realized once outside that I was in a spaghetti strap shirt  with a green bra showing, hair on top of my head, and totally looking like white trash...so I came in and handed lost the fight for the cookies and went on with my night. 

I'm regrouping and I'm getting myself back on track.  I know that I have a duty to teach LG how to eat healthy and make smart choices, so that she will be healthy.  It's my job.  Of course, I believe in treats, ect, but in moderation.

Tomorrow is Candy Corn Friday, but since I've binged on it this week in my dessert... I'm going to count that instead.... Here's the ranking....

#1 BRACH'S
Below any rating... Zachary's Autumn Mix

Cindy is right so far!

Tomorrow, we are hanging out with some friends... and since I know the menu, I'm going to be responsible during the day...

I'm out for now!

Until next time....

Ma'dam Martinez

1 comment:

  1. Next time Martinez needs to snap a pic of the hott cookie bandit...
    Brachs rules. ;)

    ReplyDelete