Sunday, September 16, 2012

Football, Softball & Fall

Ummm.... Can you say busy weekend?  It's been a few days since I've blogged...so I'll try to remember what the weekend was filled with !

Friday... Teething baby... poor LG has a mouthful of teeth trying to break through and it breaks my heart!  Martinez and I were super worn out from the week.  Not only was it busy, we were emotionally drained! 

Saturday... Martinez was a sweet hubby and let me sleep in an extra hour.  I have to say, I'm so thankful for the husband I have.  I know a few wives who are unable to leave their children at home so they can go exercise, shop, get a pedi or even to run household errands (I actually think it's ridiculous that some dads won't/can't do this).  Martinez is helpful and a GREAT dad.  I couldn't ask for better and I don't say thanks enough. ....Don't get a big head Martinez:)

After being up for a couple of hours, LG went down and Martinez and I took an hour and half nap (told ya we were worn out!) !  We got some cleaning done....and then....the big Razorback loss.... and in response to that loss...

     Dear Hogs:

     I know that you guys have been through a lot as a team.  You've lost a coach, gained one that seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum as the one you had, and sustained some injuries.  Because I am devoted and understanding, I am still going to cheer and support you.  In fact, today was "wear your favorite sports team jersey/shirt" to church day.  Our whole family attended church this morning in our fabulous red Razorback gear, knowing that we would be teased to farthest length.  We sat across from some Alabama fans (who were extremely humble) because we support you.  So... I'm thinking the least you could do is try just a little harder next week.  Football Saturdays were so fun....but right now... it's not that fun at my house.  You see.... Martinez turned ALL football off after your loss yesterday.  He still loves you of course... but you've got to bring some happiness back into my home.  With that being said... let's make baby steps and next week... let's just get some points on the board.  What do you say?

Sincerely,

Devoted Razorback Fan
 The rest of Saturday...

Martinez and I have had this bench since we got married.  My sweet Aunt Cha gave it to us with a kitchen table.  This bench is older than me and I remember sitting on it as a kid.  The last few years, it's been in our closet with a mirror sitting on it.  So, I decided to paint it put on the porch... I'm little obsessed with torquoise right now... so here's the remodel....
I want to keep this bench forever... There's just something about knowing it was my aunt's and I've always been really close with her.
I'm exploring the crafty a little more I suppose... so here's the beginning of my fall display... don't judge... I'm working on it:)
Softball....

Today was MY FIRST GAME!  Basically, Martinez told the "coach" that I wanted the easiest job... that meant I was the catcher.  Don't judge... and.... just for the record.... My shoulder is SORE.  Who knew throwing a softball over and over could hurt?  I must admit... I had so much fun.  Everyone is so nice and supportive and it doesn't matter who's good and who's not... it's just to get together. Getting to know each other outside of church is amazing.  Another "I'm thankful" tonight... I'm so thankful to have found the right church for us.  We love this group of people and can't wait to spend more time with them!
Martinez was ready today... with his game face on...
I'm sleepy and unfortunately... work calls in the morning!

Until next time....

2 comments: