Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hide Yo Snacks

5am....jog/walk. Definitely not my best morning... but hey- some exercise is better than none!


Today has been pretty productive....One of my highlights of the day.... coming up with a new idea for Martinez for his Halloween costume....wait for it.....

None other than the fabulous Antoine Dodson.... for those of you asking WHO that is... please see click the link below.  You won't regret it... and if you do...we can't be friends:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520

This is the best Halloween costume idea EVER.  He would already have the tank!!!!  Of course, Martinez declined, just like all my other fabulous ideas.  Oh well.

Best highlight of the day... picking up this sweet thang..



Look what I found in the mail this weekend..


Lane Bryant coupons... THAT I DON'T NEED ANYMORE!! I'm so excited not to shop there anymore!  Another confession...  I hated having to shop at LB.  I mean, they have cute clothes and they always had something that fit me... but I was super embarrassed to have to shop there.  I hated knowing that a "plus" size store was the only place I could find modern clothing that fit... I hated the prices...I hated the realization of what size I was.  I'm not writing this offend or hurt anyone's feelings for shopping or having to shop at LB...but let's face it... it's not fun being limited to "plus" size clothing stores.  Shopping at regular stores is such an achievement to me.  Even if I stay at my weight now (I'm hoping to lose 20 more pounds), it's a great feeling that I've at least lost the "plus" label and that the 1X's and XL's aren't musts anymore.  I also want to clarify that my weight loss journey is NOT about the smallest size I can fit in or where I can shop (although I talk a lot about shopping... it's easy for me to relate shopping and weight loss)... it's about being healthier and feeling SO much better.  I never realized how bad I felt.  It's nice not be out of breath when I mow the lawn- chase LG, ect.  I never want to go back...it's really sad that you can feel so much better and not even know the condition your body is in!  Mine was SCREAMING!  QUIT JUMPING UP AND DOWN TO BUTTON THOSE JEANS!!!  THE SEAMS ARE RIPPING!!!
OK.. maybe it's not that extreme...or maybe it is...

Tonight's dinner off the new "menu".. Pat's Creamy Chicken in the crockpot. This recipe was provided by LG's summer sitter. It's a recipe her mom makes that's always hit!  It is delicious.  Below is the recipe... but I've cut it in half. 

Pat's Creamy Chicken- Halved
 2 chicken breasts (I used 2)  - 248 cal
1/4 c chicken broth 99% fat free - 1 cal
4 ounces of cream cheese cut into cubes -400 cal ...Don't use low fat!! It won't melt!
1/4 tsp garlic powder -1 cal
1/8 tsp salt - 0 cal
1/8 tsp pepper- 0 cal
1 can cream of chicken soup-275 cal

** At four servings, this meal is 231 per serving!!!  I used the Lose It app to scan the barcodes of my ingredients to get the calorie count. This definitely makes four servings... it could possibly be stretched to five.

Directions:

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray; put your frozen chicken breasts in; sprinkle on your seasonings; put the cubes of cream cheese in the bottom; pour cream of chicken soup on the chicken breasts; pour in the chicken broth; cook on low 6-7 hours;
After the chicken has cooked all day, shred the breasts up with two forks and swirl around in the soup mixture.  Serve over rice!!
 * I also sprinkle meat tenderizer on the chicken.... it just makes sure it doesn't get tough!

This meal is awesome.  Remember, Martinez is a picky eater and he loves it.  Make sure to MEASURE out your rice serving... this will get ya.  Steamfresh brown rice is the best!

Once again, I'm a tired mama and ready for bed!  I've exercised this morning, been to work, cleaned up dinner (thank you crockpot), made everyone's lunch for tomorrow,played with LG completed two loads of laundry, taken the dog for a mile walk, swiffer swept  and vacuumed.  I.AM.BEAT.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment