Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Bed

Busy Weekend !!

Friday was pretty low key...except for the part where my dog decided that he was gonna be a rock star hunting dog and catch a sweet little rabbit....which he then decided to consume!!!!!!!  Can you say gross?! Little did I know, this meant he would spend the next two days barfing it up!  I'm hoping he learned his lesson... but I bet if given another chance, he'll catch another one!
As blogged about in my last post, the Martinez family was awaiting a new microwave since our fabulous Tivo died.  However, we did not keep the one that arrived Friday.  Apparently, Home Depot doesn't insure the fellas who install the microwaves to drill through tile, or anything for that matter.  So, the microwave went back and we now have a free standing one (I'm really excited not to have one over my oven... although Martinez is not).  Basically, I'm just excited that we don't have to go to the neighbor's house to heat up LG's chicken nuggets anymore! YAY!

 Saturday...Ummmm...Sammie (Martinez family dog) was still barfing...only today... it was mostly in my bedroom.  There was no way I was going to sleep knowing that nasty barf (from a murdered rabbit) was seeping through my carpet.  Needless to say, a carpet shampooer was rented and for three hours we cleaned carpet....and I went extra slow in our room! Just FYI....this was not how I intended to spend the afternoon before those wonderful Razorbacks hit the field, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Saturday morning was filled with mattress shopping.  Martinez and I have known for quite a while that we needed a new mattress, but we didn't want to buy one.  I had no idea they were so expensive...until now! We haven't been sleeping that well and our backs were hurting- so it was time. When we were first married (5 years ago), we slept on my full size bed that I had as a kid! About 8 months later, we graduated to a king size mattress that sweet Mamaw (yes, that's what we call our grandparents in south AR) gave us. Ummm.... that sucker is (was) OLD.  Apparently, we've been sleeping on a 15yr (maybe a couple more) old mattress!   It was squeaking at every move and just flat worn out.  After realizing just how old this mattress was, I started imagining all the dead skin cells, among other germs, that were in this mattress.... I'm definitely gonna try out that mattress cleaning tip on Pinterest on our new mattress.

Old mattress... GOODBYE                                             New! WELCOME
Just FYI...The delivery fellas from Mattress Firm ROCK.  They put little hospital booties on their shoes so they wouldn't track in, put a "red carpet" on the concrete (not sure what that was for), and left us mints!  What more can a girl ask for?  It's crazy how good this bed feels!!

Today...

Church, home, shopping, and birthday party! Busy!  Ok.. get ready for a laugh.... Our SS class has put together a softball team and I'm GOING TO PLAY!  I've never played a sport in my life... so this will be the first and I'm super excited!  This is something I never would have considered 50lbs ago!  I know that I won't be much of an asset to the team, since I have no experience or athleticism at all to bring to the table, but it will be fun!  Not only will I get to hang out with some awesome people on Sunday afternoons for the next few months, I'll get to do something with Martinez that fits his personality and is one of his hobbies.  I can't wait for what this will bring...I'm not sure what's gonna happen... but being 50 lbs lighter has changed how I feel about myself and what I can try to do and will do.  It's amazing how weight loss affects your mindset!  We've turned in our league fees, shirt money and bought a bat today- so let's see how this goes !

Today was sweet baby D's 2nd birthday party!  We had a ton of fun and were able to chat with some sweet people we don't get to see very often.  Baby D (although not really a baby anymore) got a fantastic roller coaster!  LG certainly enjoyed it....thanks to Miss E holding her..



That's my small recap of our weekend !  Stay tuned this week... I'm going to post some daily meals I followed for the first few months of my weight loss.  My lunches and breakfasts were pretty much the same... but it's proven that people who eat the same healthy foods repetitively sustain weight loss longer! You can't just go on a "diet"... that's temporary and the goal is to keep the weight off.  You have to change how you eat.  This is how and why counting calories worked for me.  I can still eat the foods I love, just not all the time or often. I have to account for them. 

I'm making a conscious effort this week to exercise more!! I've lost MOST of my weight by watching my food choices.  A person can only do this for so long... and then there's just no way around exercising.  I'm using my new running shoes as motivation:):)

Until next time......
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment