Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Counting Again, Part II

No 5am jog... This week really is such an off week.  Work has been SUPER busy.. which is good...but man....

So, Martinez and I love watching Master Chef...it's one of the few reality shows he will watch with me.... the finale was on last night, but I was at Starbucks with some friends...so I missed it.  My daily People.com scouring resulted in reading the headline that Christine won!!!!  I'll admit... I'm disappointed that I didn't get to watch it to find out....but I'm SUPER excited she won!  I think it's amazing that she is able to do the things she does and cook as if she isn't BLIND!!! You go girl !

Today's Calorie Intake:

BF- peanut butter toast -155 cal

Coffee
    K cup Donut Shop 0
    Splenda                  0
    Creamer                 35 cal

Lunch - Tortilla with 1/4 c of re-fried beans - 190 cal
             Sour Cream                                   - 40 cal
             Chocolate covered pretzels            - 100 cal

Dinner- Sweet & Sour Chicken   -  497 cal

Total-  1,017
The Martinez and LG had rice with their S & S chicken... but too many calories for me... just chicken tonight!
I really believe counting calories works.  Not only have I lost a lot of weight, I'm able to eat things I want.. in moderation.  For instance, even though I have tweaked my S & S Chicken recipe to be lower calorie (I used wheat flour instead of cornstarch tonight) , it's still pretty high... especially when served over rice or noodles.  For me, I'd rather have more of the chicken...so I just cut out the rice so I can have a larger portion of my favorite part.  I've done this with basically everything throughout this weight loss journey.  It really works...if I want a dessert... I just cut something else out.  I've tried other attempts at weight loss before this....the most recent attempt before calorie counting..... counting carbs.  While I did lose a few pounds, this just wasn't something I could realistically follow through with.   I HEART CARBS!  Something I've learned is that complex carbs are good for you and it's ok to substitute a sweet potato (complex carb) in place of a baked potato....wheat tortilla vs. flour tortilla.. you get the point.  Your body actually needs healthy carbs and it's not good to deprive it!
The best part of my weight loss journey thus far...other than feeling great... is that I've maintained my weight...Why??? Because it's a total lifestyle change... NOT a diet.  I'm finished preaching now.

I'm a tired wife and momma again tonight! I'm so thankful for Martinez....and not just because he swept and mopped the living room because I was too tired to finish!

P.S.  Who walked around Sam's this afternoon with a baby on her hip and her fly wide open??? This girl!
Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment