Saturday, September 8, 2012

Exploring the Crafty....just for a short while:)

Yesterday..

The day started waking up to a sweet, brown-eyed beauty!  We later met some friends at the best store ever, Hobby Lobby, in order to begin our Halloween party preparations.  Seriously....if  I were to ever become a thief...Hobby Lobby would be my target.  We scoured the fall isles and got some ideas and I think it's gonna be a really fun party ! 

Another task at Hobby Lobby yesterday was to find the materials to make LG some ruby slippers for her Dorothy costume.  After searching several stores online and not finding ruby slippers to fit LG that were also reasonably priced, it was time to make some!  We found some plain white canvas shoes..and after looking at several options of glitter/paint...IT WAS TIME...

Here's the paint stuff..



I forgot to take a photo of the plain white shoes... but you can imagine

Halfway..                                                              Complete!!!


We were getting pretty concerned at first because the stuff paints on pink....but it turns red pretty quickly!!  This ended up being way easier than I thought.... the hardest part was waiting the hour in between EACH coat!!

The best part of this project...finding out that Dorothy was a Razorback fan..

I can't wait to see her all put together with basket and accessories!


Another crafty attempt... the "M" for my Christmas tree topper is painted.. I just have to figure what embellishments I want for it!  I'm too lazy to get up and take a photo of that... so you'll have to wait:)

In other news, fall = football season.... and to me... football season = wearing my wind pants all the time...literally...I'm waiting on the day the boss tells me not to wear them anymore.  All day yesterday, I was thinking about changing into my wind pants for dinner.... and don't judge.... it was low key/comfortable/breakfast for dinner/stormy evening kind of dinner.  So, I get them out and put them on and they were HUGE!  I don't know why, but I didn't think about them being too big now...for some reason, I just expected that they would still fit... happiness and sadness all in the same moment...After trying to roll them up... and got out my other pair... yep....too big too.. and I'm mostly sad about that pair.... I've had them since the first year Martinez and I got hitched!! Five years ago.... The crotch of these pants (both pair) was almost to my knees!  The positive to this...I get NEW wind pants now... and I don't have to buy XL's!!! These pants were SO huge... I'm excited to see if I'll end up in a medium or large. 

Farewell...



Whoever ends up getting my fabulous Adidas wind pants (one pair only 1 year old) from my fall garage sale... love them like I did!!!

 In other news.... while having a night out with some friends, we got a call that little LG puked...so our night resulted in coming home to find LG running around hyper....the babysitter covered in vomit...the floor a total hot mess from the vomit...the house smelling like vomit... and the dog trying to lick the vomit. Apparently, LG had something in her tummy that just didn't need to be there because after she got it out, she was just fine.  It was almost midnight when she went to bed...and we spent the night cleaning!
Today, Martinez and I are exhausted!  We are spoiled to having a baby that sleeps from 8ishpm to 7:30isham...

Today has been a day of baby playin', football watchin' cleanin' and lazin' it up!  Nothing super special to report I suppose..

Tomorrow... the first softball game.  I'm thinking of calling in sick.. My nerves have the best of me already and I feel SICK! 

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment