Monday, September 17, 2012

Peepee in the potty...or the floor!

So... last night I blogged a little about my first ever softball game...but I left out many details...

Reasons Why I Should Learn Rules/Locations/Courtesy So I don't Look Like a Moron Cause an Injury 

1.  Location: When the "coach" told our team to get in position, I (as the catcher) went to what I thought was the home plate.....Apparently I arrived at 1st base.  At that point, the pitcher (R) sent me to my "place" and further instructed me on where I should be, etc.  I had to inform R that I would not be squatting to get the ball.  If I were to squat like that, I won't be able to get up.  Simple. New rule... catcher stands.

2.  Location: While trying to compensate for not "squatting" for the ball, I ran up to "catch" the ball so I wouldn't have to fetch it.  I heard Martinez shouting "Anna! Don't charge at the ball!"  I didn't know what this meant until the sweet ref said, "Ma'am, maybe you should stand back here with me, ok?  I'm afraid you are going to get hit with the bat".. followed by the batter saying " oh ya, I was trying really hard not to hit you."  Lame.  The ref then said, "Don't worry, it's just rec." Super Lame.

3.  Rules:  If the batter guy gets to "walk" due to bad pitches, the girl next in the lineup gets to walk as well.  Something about "evening" things out for coed softball.  I learned this after I almost tattled to the ref that the other team slid in a player on first base and that they were cheating. Seriously.  I decided not to tattle... and man am I happy I did, since I asked a fellow teammate why this was allowed and she started cracking up and provided an explanation.  This also explained why I kept hearing some dude in the stand behind me yelling, "watch your ball slugger, a walk is a run, a walk is a run" for every batter.

4.  Location:  A scoreboard exists and that should be used to keep up with the score and time for the game. This will keep a person from asking the sweet ref consistently, "Are we winning or losing?  What about now?"

5.  Courtesy:  If the batter throws the bat in a random place when hitting the ball, moving the bat out of the way is courteous.  I learned this while a chick came running at the home plate full force pointing at the bat in her way while I looked right back at her and pointed to the home plate.  I then realized the problem and offered my apologies.

Needless to say, the Martinez has his plate full practicing with me this week:)

I also have to say...I.AM.SORE. today.  Like... my bum feels like it might fall off...as well as my arm.  I'm pretty sure I'm counting softball as super exercise. Don't judge:)  I also keep telling myself that even the "fit" folks are sore too... as Martinez came to bed lathered in IcyHot last night.  I shouldn't have laughed.  I might have to smear some across my bum tonight.

Let's revert back to Saturday for minute...

We have had LG in potty training mode since the last week of July.  She's 15 months and a lot of people think this is too early.  I say it depends on your kiddo.  We had to put LG in pullups weeks ago because she was taking her diaper off and then peeing/pooping.  She loves to latch/unlatch things.. so this wasn't working. So, we started putting her on the potty- and she took to it really fast!  We purchased a $10 cushion for her to sit on because I'm not transferring pee/poop out of those toddler potty things.  Disgusting.  She regressed going from summer sitter to daddy home for a week to regular sitter, but she still goes at home pretty well.  I expected regression, especially because of her age...but we are about to hit it hard again.  She goes to hide when she poops...translation...she knows she needs to go...which to me means we need to work harder.  So, I bought LG some "big girl panties" and Saturday was the day.  Not only was this an epic fail...it was just nasty.  We started out GREAT and then....picture it ..... I'm getting laundry out of the dryer and putting it in my basket when I look up, see LG looking right at me with a HUGE 8 tooth grin... squatting.  It was like slow motion... I look down to find a puddle and then scream " She's PEEING!"  Martinez swooped in out of nowhere carries her to the bathroom... trailing pee and then I hear from the bathroom while I'm cleaning up the puddle "Anna!!  There's a turd in here too! What do I do with it??!!"  I fully intended on LG going to Mrs. A's today in "big girl panties".... but she didn't:)  We will get there and she's doing awesome for her age.

More LG news... she said the word football this weekend... although it came out more like "fooba"!
She also has her first black eye.  Falling on the shower ledge is never good.  She is ROWDY....like a boy... and I love it.

Today's Calorie Intake:

Bf:  Peanut butter toast - 155 cal

snack: Nutri grain bar - 120 cal

lunch: turkey/cheese tortilla mini rollups  220 cal

cocoa almonds- 150 almonds

Papa Murphy's Pepperoni Delight - 3 slices  - 594

Total 1,239

I've got to crack down!!! I'm still maintaining my weight...but I'm not gonna get those 20 lbs off sitting around !

Office sharing..... about a year ago, our office underwent some changes and the DeShazo and I now office share... I was a little concerned about this at first, but...ultimately...It's been great and we've convinced (or tried to convince) the boss that we get more work done now:)  We are even trying to add Vic!  Point of this? If you don't office share, you don't get to bask in the burned/SMOKING popcorn of your office mate:)
If you look super closely, you can see the smoke!
Another thing about office sharing....music.  I almost HAVE to have music on or I can't breathe at work...so...we usually listen to oldies or country, unless I'm harassing the DeShazo for her dislike of Mariah Carey and play "Always Be My Baby" back to back... and P.S....I learned a lesson the last time I did this because she made me listen to Taylor Swift and I won't begin to inform you of my dislike for her voice.  Today, the DeShazo chose...and we listened to some t-shirt band singing about numbers.....and then she gained a British accent.... translation....I'm worried.  If Vic were in here, I'm sure she'd share my concern... or add to it:)

Tonight we were able to play with our sweet girl OUTSIDE!  It feels so nice and it's finally cool enough that LG can play outside without having a breakout!

That's all for tonight...

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment