Thursday, November 1, 2012

Planning, Packing & Halloween!

Another random thing in my mind right now... Well, this has actually been in my mind for about two weeks....packing for Thanksgiving.  Martinez and I finally figured out what days we are going down to see our family- which meant a schedule needed to be made so that I can keep things straight, and so the family knows where we will be and when- and mostly so I know it's fairly split up.    We also took the advice from a church member this year- we are staying at one house for each family in order to eliminate packing up different days and going to different houses, ect.  It's too stressful and honestly doesn't make sense when you think about it. Hopefully, everyone will understand this- as it's not done to be rude- it's just the most sensible thing. We'll see how this works... but I really hope it makes for a smooth trip- I get stressed out enough traveling as it is...and 4 days is usually my max (including vacations) on sanity with this... and we will be gone 10 days...Oh dear!  Usually, I get so nervous before going "home" that I throw up at least once.  I'm hoping to skip that part this year.

Packing.....

When packing for a trip- I'm not normal..... I know weeks in advance what things I'm taking, specifically, my clothes.  I HAVE to know what I'm taking........it's a mental thing. This year has proven to be NO different.. and this is bad because my bad habit of over packing has worsened....For real... and.... I can no longer remember in my head everything I need... I have to write it down....I think it's because Martinez is almost 30:) Just go with it.

Vic is helping me minimize my luggage this year.... because it's SO out of hand. We narrowed "my" list of possible outfits down to what is reasonable... and then I've changed it a couple of times.  Let me be clear... it's NOT because I'm so vain that I need to make sure I have the "right" clothes or whatever... I just need options and to know that I have shirts that can be worn with trousers and shirts that can be worn with regular jeans, ect.... and...let's face it...ya need to pack some "fat clothes" for Thanksgiving...cuz you know you're gonna eat a lot and you don't want those buttons popping off and hurting someone!  Another thing- south AR can be hot one hour and cold the next...which makes packing even worse!  I've added the random things to my list like the camera, video camera, ect.... and I'm sure I'm STILL gonna forget something!  I feel like I'll be somewhat successful with this packing thing this year- because we are planning to take the car and not my SUV in order to save on gas. It's like I'm restricted already!

Halloween....

Cutest Dorothy I've ever seen...


All business and looking so grown up that momma is having a hard time..


The twins.....

On a mission.....


Our neighborhood was not hopping with trick or treaters this year like it has in the past...because our people weren't passing out candy:( Nevertheless, LG still had a blast and thought for sure she as a big girl!  I think Halloween is SO much fun and I want to make sure that LG has an opportunity to experience dressing up and trick or treating.  I think next year we are going to a different neighbor.  I kinda of look at going elsewhere as "stealing"...but if our neighbor isn't gonna be fun...I'm taking LG to the fun!

After trick or treating.... someone fell asleep and I didn't even realize it until I heard the snoring....I thought we were gonna stay up and watch TV:)


This weekend is gonna be fun!  W & D are coming in for the weekend and I'm sure we will have loads of fun !

Until Next Time....

Ma'dam Martinez


2 comments:

  1. I have an OCD...I mean organized friend like you. When she went on a long vacation, she put her kids clothes for each day in a Ziploc bag. She even put the bows and undies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That OCD... I mean organized friend is one smart cookie.... and I may or may not have stolen that idea from someone and it works beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete