Monday, November 12, 2012

Dreams of Steven...

I'm still living in a dream....with Steven Tyler.

Ya'll - I know you are probably sick of hearing about Steven....but I'm seriously still reliving the entire experience.   I can't help it... I tried.

I keep waking up in the night in a concert.  If this lasts another four days... I might need a therapist.  My love/admiration of Steven keeps growing...so much so that when I finally caught up The Voice from last week and it was announced that Valerie would be singing Dream On... I got a little angry instantly.  I felt Martinez staring holes in my face to see what my reaction would be... and I couldn't even look at him....I loved her performance... and can't believe that I did.  It takes guts to even think you can touch that song...but she did a great job...so my anger left:)  I think I might be crazy at this point.

This weekend resulted in Martinez working practically all weekend... and then working on top of that- so... I packed for our holiday trip.  We leave Friday and I'm stressed! I just do not want to travel....I want to stay in my home...yet still visit people...it just ain't gonna happen. I need a "suck it up" pill to take and maybe I'll get over this thought of not wanting to leave my house. It's so hard.  I love to go places...but I want to fly...not drive...and after a few days... I want back in my home, with my things, my bed and my cleaning supplies...

Saturday night - Martinez, LG & I went to a friend's birthday party! Loads of fun... and the best cake ever.....

Typing "cake" makes me think about my food intake... I've been eating pretty clean during the week... but not on the weekends... which is why I'm only maintaining my weight loss.  The DeShazo and I talked about this ... we both need to do better on weekends... which will be a major boost.

How are you guys doing with your weight loss??

Today we enjoyed the Veteran's Day parade outside our office... Vic got a little confused about which holiday it was... as she enthusiastically said "trick or treat" to the lady who filled her bag with candy...with no shame. Oh dear.

Wheww.. only four more nights to sleep in my own bed until I have to leave my house for 9 nights and 10 ten days.  Yes... I'm thinking about this again.

More random thoughts in my mind.... I really need to catch up my DVR... and I really need to start scratching off more things on my bucket list...

Ma'dam Martinez' Bucket List..just the short list... (in no specific order...except the part about Steven)

1)  Meet Steven Tyler and get a scarf from him..specifically chosen for me.
2)  See Steven in concert
3)  Attend a high school football game (No...I've never watched one.. I only worked in the concession stand once for National Honor Society hours)
4)  Taste egg nog
5)  Vacation in New York
6)  Spend Christmas with Martinez and LG on a cruise
7)  Meet Steven King (so I can ask him if he scares himself)
8)  Learn to play the drums...and look cool...
9)  Go skiing/snow tubing
10) Attend the CMA's
11) Go to a Comedy Club
12)  Learn to dance..hip hop style...not that ballroom stuff... and perform with The Black Eyed Peas
13) Convince the television stations to NEVER play The Sound of Music Again (I say this b/c it's that time of year when it'll come on too many times...)

Speaking of The Sound of Music... I'm reminded of a conversation last week with the gals...who love Mary Poppins....

I've never seen Mary Poppins... and after getting a lesson about her and learning that Julie Andrews plays Mary...I'm glad I sometimes live in oblivion... Vic made me listen to some song about spoonfuls of sugar... I had to stop the music...it literally made me nervous/crazy/nauseous..I couldn't take it!  It would have been a punishment for me to have to watch that mess! No offense people...just my opinion and the truth about my feelings.


Until Next Time...

Ma'dam Martinez

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if we can be friends. Julie Andrews is amazing! I LOVE her voice! She had throat surgery several years ago and the doctor messed it up and she never thought she would sing again. When I watched her sing in Princess Diaries 2 I cried!

    Besides, Mary Poppins teaches some deep lessons. Like how family is more important than the pursuit of money, and how a job can be worse that a prison.

    And the Sound of Music is also amazing! My two favorite scenes are the in the gazebo during the rain storm when they sing "Somewhere in my youth and childhood"; and at the end when a stadium full of Austrians stands up to Nazi oppression by singing the "national song" Eidel Weiss, which is the last song that Oscar Hammerstein wrote before he died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess we can't be friends b/c I think it's awful.

    LG can learn some life lessons from the Golden Girls and Last Man Standing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting you don't like musicals. I guess we can still be friends seeing as you like the Nanny.

    COME SEE MEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete