Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bras & Injuries

Ok- So it's been a minute since I've blogged... and I have so many things rolling around in my head to share... but let's face it... only some of them are appropriate enough to share... such as the topic below.  Fellas... you may not want to read this.  Your gals aren't washing their undergarments....seriously.

* I know this blog was mostly to share about weight loss... but sometimes... other things are more important....

Bras.....

WHY DO WOMEN NOT WASH THEIR BRAS??????? I didn't ask the men....haha.  Am I seriously the only girl in the world who didn't know that people didn't wash them after they wear them..every single time?
Last week, I informed The DeShazo that again... I'm on the search for new bras.  I did this about 6 weeks ago.. so she was curious.  After questioning me on why my latest bras are no longer doing the job and are "flimsy", she asks the million dollar questions (yes, two)..."How often are you wearing them?" and........the big one....." How often are you washing them?"......followed by "You're drying them too???"...

Ok...There has to be someone else out there who washes a bra after every single wear and dries them in the dryer...there has to be, right?  I find it absolutely crazy that #1 - I didn't know this.. and #2 that it's even ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!  HELLO?!?! It's an article of clothing!!!!  You guys do wash your undies, right? RIGHT???????
As I'm trying to process this information last week... and told her to prove to me that you shouldn't wash them after every wear...I just knew in my mind that this was a joke, since the gals tease me often about doing laundry everyday.....Google failed me.... The DeShazo pulled up numerous reviews, ect. stating that bras should be worn (if not sweaty) 2-3 times before washing and should NEVER be put in the dryer.  I mean, really???? I also learned that bras should be replaced every 9 months... I've NEVER had one that long!!!!!

I decided to take a poll among some people from different places....13 people to be exact...SAME response from all!! They all wear them 2-3 times before washing!!!!!!!  I'm still struggling to grasp this. OHHH... I almost forgot.... There is another rule involved in this bra washing/wearing thing!!! You shouldn't wear the same bra two days in a row! You have to skip at least a day in between!! WHAT?!! As if I don't have enough OCD things to keep up with... now I've got to have a Mon/Wed bra, Tues/Thurs bra, ect.....just to keep up with how many times it's been worn!!!!  Oh, dear.  I don't understand why you wear your socks - wash them - shirts- wash them - undies - wash them- britches....oh wait... I recently found out that you should wear jeans 2-3 times before washing too!!!!!!!!
I'm just gonna put it out there....if you want to wear your clothes a few times before washing them, go for it.  I'm not gonna judge... but I'm not doing it....I cannot wrap my head around why you shouldn't wash your clothes....it's just not gonna happen.

I am.... gonna try out the bra wearing/washing thing.....ONLY because the expense of new ones that only work for a month is outrageous.  I've bought new ones and I'm starting over.... and I'm testing it out.  It's really hard for me to place a worn, unwashed bra in my drawer. You have no idea.  It's almost repulsive... and just to be clear... I'm not gonna wear my jeans more than once. Not.Gonna.Happen.Ever.

The end of my bra rant.

Softball....

Martinez was injured on Sunday......

Pulled quadricep.... This was day one... It's brownish now....and apparently...quite painful.

My favorite part of this picture?? Check out the toe curls...
He was quite the MVP on Sunday.....and Ma'dam Martinez wasn't so bad herself....and V joined us !!!!!

So...I've been eating better this week... exercise is happening.. in fact 4:57 am is happening....I'm walking Sammie in the morning and then taking LG for a stroll in the evenings.... let's see if I can keep this up!

Until Next Time.......

Ma'dam Martinez

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!! I wear my jeans several times before I wash them, unless I go to a stinky place or sit in something or end up sweaty at some point.

    The bra thing......I should wash mine more often. I didn't know that about not wearing them days in a row. ALSO, i am pretty sure I have had mine for YEARS - not just 9 months....YOu are teaching me!

    PS Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete