Saturday, October 13, 2012

Intervention

It's been a while ya'll... so long in fact... that this blog will probably be long...you've been warned.

Ok... This last two weeks have been really rough... so rough...that I totally lost my mind. Partly due to being out of routine and then a whole lot to do with hormones going crazy. I'll spare most of those details.  Think of the word hormone.... same prefix of the word horrid/horrible... and the ending should really be spelled "moan". Enough said.

When I say I totally lost my mind this week... I mean I REALLY lost my mind.  I was so tired allllll day every day... could barely get up, could barely stay awake through the day, and couldn't wait to go to bed. Ridiculous.  I ate horrible ALL week. As soon as I would eat something..... I would think about the next time I was gonna eat!!! What in the world?  It was like a fat girl eyeing up a red velvet cake with an inch thick coat of homeade cream cheese icing....oh man I'm getting off task. 
Not only did I eat poorly... I only wanted soda to drink....which caused me to get dehydrated.  I'm used to drinking between 60-80 ounces of water a day..and then I went to less than 20 ounces... and everything else was soda...which absolutely fueled my want to eat poorly even more... UNACCEPTABLE.  I know everybody has days like this...but I was in a slump.  I've lost so much weight and invested too much time in this to throw in the towel.

Thankfully, I have some really supportive friends that truly care about my health.  The DeShazo and V had an intervention with me on Wednesday...I had gotten breakfast two days in row on the way to work... and I didn't even do this BEFORE I gained a bunch of weight.  I was acting crazy!  The gals had to put me check. V asked me 50 million questions and basically said I have to suck it up and start exercising again.  The DeShazo came into work, sat her stuff down, looked me straight in the eye with what I like to call her "mom voice" and basically told me that I do not eat this way and she would not allow it.  V then confiscated the Diet Dr. Peppers I had in the fridge so that I was left to drink nothing other than water.  I was so crazy... that I actually teared up over my DDP's being taken...or maybe it was just the realization that I was acting like a complete fatty and these gals cared enough to help me.

Ellen also helped me snap out of this week.  She featured the candy corn filled Oreos at the beginning of Wednesday's show and spoke briefly about the sugar, ect.  Would I want LG to eat like I've been eating? NO. Martinez and I have to teach her to eat healthy, which means we have to be good examples.

I've done a little prep work this weekend for the upcoming week to help get myself back on routine.  I'm normally a very structured/routine person and things fall apart if I let things go.  I'm like this with almost everything... I pick out my work clothes two weeks at a time, do laundry every day, put together Martinez' lunches weeks in advance ( not sandwiches ya'll.... just the chips that are individually packaged and snacks) just to name a couple OCD things.... so I needed to do that with my meals again.  I WILL NOT GAIN MY WEIGHT BACK. WILL NOT.  I have 20 more to lose... AND I WILL.

For breakfast this week, I'll be having these egg muffins for 68 calories per muffin..

I've packaged three per ziplock and put them in the freezer so that all I have to do is grab them and go for 204 cal.


For lunch, I'll have a BLT for around 200 calories.  Both slices of bread for 100 cal, three slices of turkey bacon for 75 cal, the lettuce/tomato slice will be about 5 cal, miracle whip-20 cal.

I've divided an entire package of turkey bacon into ziplocks with three slices per bag and frozen them... so I'll grab a bag the night before, microwave (yes, microwave- I stole this idea from Martinez' mom after I saw her do it after a late Razorback game) the bacon, and make my sandwich.
I'll take strawberries (only 4 calories in a WHOLE medium strawberry), nutri grain or granola bars for snacks this week..... and I'll only drink ONE ddp per day. I know that I feel better when I eat healthy...so I'm gonna do it.... and... I'm going to start exercising again. 

Here are a few pics of LG from this week..

Reading with Mrs. M..
Destroying mommy's crockpot liners...





On our way back from watching the OU/TX game with friends..



I'm kinda worried that our softball game will be cancelled tomorrow due to the crazy amount rain we've gotten today.  It's a shame... I was just getting in my groove.....


Until Next Time......

Ma'dam Martinez




3 comments:

  1. FINALLY! Been waitin on this all week :)

    You CAN do it! Just remember how great you look and how much better you feel, and will feel again once you're back to your routine!

    Livi is still the cutest thing ever.

    See you on the 18th.

    -stasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I have an almost identical pic of natalie getting into my cupcake liners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks S!!! LG can't wait to play !

    Brit- she's obsessed with those things !!!

    ReplyDelete