Monday, April 29, 2013

Randoms and Day 1 of a Vegetarian Diet

Martinez and I had a very busy, yet fun weekend!  We were able to go see 42...go see it guys.  It's an owner.  We also attended a wedding reception for one of Kev's old co-workers and had a great time. Jeans were acceptable, so in the words of Phil Robertson, I was happy, happy, happy.



Sunday was church and then a super fun afternoon with our SS peeps and their families.  Our Easter Egg hunt had been cancelled and so it was rescheduled for this weekend...the kids had a blast.







Random thought...
Annoying/ridiculous things seem to happen to me at the most inopportune times.  Sometimes, things I could prevent if I was the least bit observant. Martinez and I laugh about this all the time.  Things always happen to me.
For instance, Martinez and I got popcorn at the theater on Saturday.  We never get popcorn.  I'm a pro at sneaking in my own drinks and candy, but I didn't prepare this time.  So...the buttery, scrumptious popcorn with 5 million calories was purchased. Afterwards, we headed to the reception.  As I was freshening my makeup, I looked down and realized that I had a huge stain on my white undershirt. So, naturally, I assessed the situation...


and realized...


I had dropped popcorn down my shirt, didn't know, and now had a horrid stain.  Not good, considering the whole point of this undershirt was to keep my tatas from hanging out and looking like a skank.  So...I did what anyone in this situation would do.  I pulled my undershirt down and let the tatas fall where they may.  After all, a sight would have been seen either way.  At least my clothes looked clean.

Another ridiculous/non-observant thing...
Mamaw U. already knows about this...
Last Thursday, while getting ready for kickboxing, I realized I had my underwear on backwards. Now, I've blogged before about how I have a bad habit of this and wearing them inside out.  I have no idea why.  I decided to leave them since I'd already worn them all day.  What's another hour or two right?  Well, after bouncing around the grocery store shopping for my 4 day partial/pretend vegetarian diet like a pimp, I got home and got ready to shower....and realized.... not only did I have my undies on backwards.....but I had been wearing my panties as a thong...backwards.

That discovery explained so much. There's just nothing left to say about that.

Another example...
I was dumped on Christmas Eve once.  Who does that?? I should have known that a guy who enjoys wearing a kilt, Irish or not, wasn't the one.

Another example...
At Christmas one year, I was sitting on the couch beside my sister-in-law.  I won't tell you which one b/c she  lived through this embarrassment once...and that's enough.:) Anyway, I was sitting there and I don't remember if she was looking for something, if I was looking or if something was lost in general and we were all looking....It doesn't matter....all I know is that without thinking, I lifted the blanket that was covering her while she was nursing her baby not even realizing what was happening until she pulled it back down.  As I am typing this, I remember feeling ridiculous.
Always happens to me....and in this case....her.
I've never lifted anything around anyone who was nursing since.

Day 1 as a pretend vegetarian..

Bf - iced Cafe Latte - 70 cal
       pb bagel thin     - 195 cal

lunch- my version of a southwest salad... w/o meat, cheese or corn (too high cal!) -340 cal


snack- Greek yogurt (honey)-130 cal

Dinner- Skinny Alfredo - 246 cal
             bread                 -50 cal

leftover cake from the SS party - 2 million cal


I also decided to try to go the whole day with no Diet Dr. Pepper.  Surprisingly, I was awake.  Everyday around 1pm, I get so tired. I usually take a 2 hour nap on Saturdays and another on Sundays- which means I'm lacking sleep and caffeine.  Maybe all the DDP is actually putting me to sleep??? Let's see if I can go another day.

Ok... I've told you guys that I gain 3-5 pounds each weekend.  This weekend...only 1 pound....I blame the fact that we drove by Pinkitzel on the way home from the reception and I had no choice but to indulge in a decadent cupcake at 10ish...after eating fantastic fajitas.
It is what it is ....and I'm sure whichever trainer we have tomorrow at kickboxing will make me wish cupcakes didn't exist.


Until Next Time.....


Ma'dam Martinez

*As always, sorry for the typos!*






No comments:

Post a Comment