Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend recap!



Martinez and I had a fantastic weekend.  We left Thursday evening for TX to visit some of our dearest friends!  With LG having a doc appt Thursday afternoon and missing part of her afternoon nap, we decided to drive to Gainesville and spend the night, and then take her to the zoo there the next day.

She pretty much thought she was a pimp in the hotel...

                                     (and, yes, I packed Clorox wipes for cleaning things at the hotel)

But then asked to go home the next morning...

Instead of going home, she went to the zoo and she had blast!  Martinez and I learned that she thinks she's too big for a stroller now. So, she walked the whole zoo!

                                                                 Sassy Little Momma

                                                                      My Loves

                                                                    Feeding the goat...I think

A little shopping, lunch, and then a short drive to see Aunt D & Uncle W.  She was completely spoiled rotten the entire weekend.

Late night chat with Aunt D & Rabbit...


Dinner...


And someone else has now experienced LG stuffing pre-chewed food in their mouth other than Martinez and I :) How'd that soggy tortilla chip taste Uncle W??

She got to go shopping ...which resulted in several new outfits, some accessories and cowgirl boots.... and then a fun afternoon playing at the park thanks to Aunt D...




LG was fantastic in terms of her potty training.  While we were gone, she had two-completely dry nights- went "potty" in public places several times...with only 1 accident...though it was a real bad one.  Thankfully, we were back at the M's house when that one happened....since it resulted in poop ALL over me and dry-heaving from both Martinez and I ....while the M's were downstairs laughing hysterically. I believe I remember D running upstairs to witness the fiasco while I was standing in my shorts, tennis shoes and bra with watery eyes, while Martinez attempted to clean our child.

Martinez and I are exhausted, but had so much fun.  LG was worn out too... and fell asleep at 6 o'clock and slept til this morning !

                                                                        Sleeping Beauty

We are so thankful to have such great friends!  D & W are always there and fun to be around!

It's time for me to over-share.
I'm sure you're not surprised.

After my bowels decided not to work properly...and by 'not work properly' I mean Not.At.All. while in TX, the time came when driving home on Sunday....at a gas station...in Marietta.  As if this happening on the road wasn't enough....the paper towel holder was on the OUTSIDE of the door...which was right beside the register.  Embarrassed much? Story of my life.

Ok guys..........

I've definitely committed....







and since I lost a pound the day after last week's class, I'm a believer.... 1 more down, making a 63 pound weight loss and a weight of 162! That makes me HAPPY!

I decided to get my own gloves, since the thought of sticking my hands in gloves where other people's sweaty hands/arms have been makes me nauseous..literally. I know they clean them folks...but I needed my own..with only my nasty sweat !

Martinez and I found some awesome deals at a Gap Outlet this weekend (don't worry... I didn't buy any mom butt jeans).  I got two sweaters for super cheap... and the best part...they were size MEDIUM!!!! Woooo hoooo!! It's warm here today, so it'll prolly snow tomorrow and I can wear one !
I'm so happy I really stuck with this weight loss thing.  I know I've said this over and over... but at a starting weight of 225lbs, I was miserable...in a size 1X and some 2X's...and hated having to get dressed in moo-moo clothes... not to mention the physical state I was in.  I didn't realize how horrid I felt or how many things I couldn't/wouldn't do.  I "tried" to lose weight a few or dozen times before, but did I really try?  Maybe for a couple of days..maybe a couple of weeks, but that's it.  It wasn't a true effort.  I had to really and truly be in a mental space to do so.  I was fat, gross, my eyeballs looked as though they might shoot out of my face, my legs and feet were huge..the list goes on and on.  None of the physical things were as bad as the feelings...and with that...I can say there will NEVER be a size 18 around this butt EVER again.


Until Next Time......


Ma'dam Martinez

* As always... sorry for the typos!

No comments:

Post a Comment