Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Did It Again

Sometimes... strange things happen.

For instance, while sitting at my desk on Monday, I felt a really intense pain in my armpit area.  I shrieked and exclaimed to The DeShazo that something had bitten me, since she demanded to know what happened and that she had never seen me move that fast.  The strange thing....I realized that my arm fat had gotten pinched between my brassier and arm.  Sad moment.

Another example?  Waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of a horn and screaming at Martinez "The trumpets are sounding! The trumpets are sounding!" It is what it is folks....and what it was....a train.

What's worse than strange things?

Things you can't understand....things that are crazy...

Like...band teachers thinking that an appropriate punishment for not knowing your music is doing pushups... WHAT? Completely dumb...  Like making your body sore is actually gonna make you toot your horn better.  Just to set the record straight...I've never been in the band...whew.

or... military folks enforcing pushups as a punishment for not being punctual.  WHAT?? That's asinine.  Just dock their pay !

or...why all the best shows are on January-May?? What about the rest of the year folks???

or... why Steven Tyler can't live in OKC...next door...so we could share clothes. Maybe I'd lose the rest of my weight, plus 20 pounds if I knew I had feathery, vintage-ish clothes to borrow...and his leopard loafers.

Speaking of weight.. I got my weight loss bracelet!



I know, I know!  I'm at 62 pounds, but I'll get there and just order a 10 pound bracelet to wear with it when I make it to 75 pounds down.  Steven would approve.  Anyway, check out Adeline Mae Design on Etsy to get yours !

Back to things you can't understand....things that are crazy...

For the life of me, I cannot understand why I went back to kickboxing today...or why I paid/committed for next Tuesday's class. I'm crazy.  I've lost my mind.
I've been trying to come up with reasons excuses to tell The Machine since Saturday...which is when I started worrying about the next class.

She didn't buy it...

 
or that one... and then those last words got to me... and she knew what she was doing!


So...I worried less about my ponytail this afternoon- left my jewels at home- and went.

Today....was easier. I'm not sure if it was b/c last time I thought I was just there to hit/kick stuff and so I wasn't completely and utterly caught off guard..or if the workout was easier...or if I just sucked it up a little better. It doesn't matter. I did some work.

We had to do that dang warm up again. Wheww.. this time I tried to listen better, but I still didn't hear what that "shuffle " thing is really called.  We jogged, we did "high knees" that made me feel like the Missouri Foxtrotters my parents used to own, and we sprinted.  Yea, that's right, sprinted.

I was looking for the waterboy after the warm up again.

I almost asked for a Prilosec.

Then....the pain really started.  I wondered why there a giant tire in the floor, but I've watched enough episodes of the Biggest Loser to know that this couldn't be good.  Homeboy trainer (possibly named Rob?) lost his mind.  He had the nerve to tell five of us to jump...jump.. on this tire and step down at a steady pace for how many ever seconds.  I didn't hear how many seconds b/c I was trying to figure out how many feet off the ground the top of this tire was.   For those of us who couldn't jump, we got to step on and off, alternating legs.  This was tolerable... at first.... and by at first... I mean the first three times, and then it got hard.  If you are doubting the impact right now....TRY IT.

After that, us five girls had to do pushups for a timed period on the tire.  In case you guys haven't gotten the memo from my pushup workout video a couple of weeks ago...or my rampage at the beginning of this post about pushups...I have a vendetta against them.  I want to shoot them with my bee -bee gun.

While five of us were doing the tire workout, five others were doing those lunges with weights again... and wall sits.
Now, last week, I learned that sitting on the wall wasn't the break I initially thought.  Today...I learned that your legs will shake and buckle.  How did I learn this?  Homeboy trainer walked over while I was chattin' it up with someone new I met and figured out that I was sorta on my own little break... and made me scoot my feet in... and push my rumpus down... He then had the nerve to tell me that he wouldn't feel sorry for me until my legs were shaking... with a grin.  I figured out about 5 seconds later what he meant. I asked for an ambulance.

Donkey kicks...this was a new workout name/move.  I thought my rumpus my have two splits instead just the one when those were done.

On the hitting/kicking.... I really need to learn some type of hand/leg coordination.  I get my lefts/rights all sorts of confused when I'm trying to count.. and keep proper form. It looks so easy on the outside, but holding up those pads for your partner almost makes your shoulders hurt worse than the pain after repetitive hits.

I could already feel improvement with my stance and understanding...but I've got a long way to go.

Planks....planks should be illegal.  We had to do a plank (weight all on forearms-no touching of the rest of your body on the floor) for 1 min intervals.  I completed the planks both times... and I was shocked.  That my friends, will make your body shake too.

Abs....back in the ring we go.  I might actually prefer pushups to anything that goes on in that ring for abs...
In my last post about kickboxing, I told ya'll how I felt like a whale. 
Today, this is how we looked during one of our ab excersises... True story..





I'm not even going to describe this exercise:)

I'm exhausted and I have nails to fix.


Until Next Time...

Anna The Kickboxing Slayer... Just kidding.

Not really.



3 comments:

  1. Amy D. IS in control. What would you do without the two Amy's in your life, Martinez??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one of you is half of my brain and the other is half of my body. I couldn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think someone is having control issues since her living arrangements are kinda outta control...;)

    ReplyDelete