Tuesday, April 23, 2013

More Pieces To This Weight Loss Journey!

Hello Peeps!

I'm about to fall asleep, so I'm not promising complete thoughts for this post.  Well, as I think about that, I'm not sure I ever actually complete a thought because I get distracted by the smallest things...like the chocolate I just saw on the bottom of my shirt.

Yes, if you are wondering, I just ate it.

I remembered earlier that I never updated you guys about my Dole issue.  In case you missed that post, here's what happened...




I received a letter saying to call them...so The DeShazo and SSGT Seeley talked me into calling...which resulted in these beauties..


2 Free bags of salad up to $4.99 and 3 $.75 off coupons! Score!

Just to be clear, I was never rude...even when the rep on the phone advised that the stick had been sent to her bosses for review.  I never confronted her about how that couldn't possibly be the case since the stick is in my car....still:)  Perhaps my fascination with writing letters comes from working in a law office...where I see/hear the most random things.  I'm not really sure how that sentenced related to anything at all, but I've already explained my exhaustion.
Thanks for the coupons Dole!

So...I need to confess....

I ate the house down - weekend before last.....5 pounds worth... in three days.  I went from 162 to 167.  Mostly b/c Jen F made the most delicious dessert ever.. and because my hubs knows how to prepare for shark week..


..and because I had no self control.
It's a sad story...and yes, I regret EVERY.FREAKIN'.CRUMB.

The good news?  I lost three of the five gained- down to 164 pounds... thanks to watching calories and kickboxing!  Well..Kickboxing gets credit for 2 of the pounds lost.

Another confession...

Our office started a Biggest Loser Contest Friday.  Each person will weigh in, take a photo of their scale (toes included so we know it's really you) and it'll be recorded.  Every Friday, repeat the process.  If you maintained your weight or lost, great!  If you gained...sucks to be you because you owe the pot a buck for every pound gained.  Oh, and everyone had to pay an entry fee of 10 bucks. With the salon in the back of our office participating too, it's a nice little pot!
All of this info I've provided is so I can now explain why my weight on Friday was 166lbs...that would be four pounds up from my lowest number and two pounds up from my recovery from two weekends ago. I'm not sure that made sense.  Anyway, we binged on Oreos in the office and Chic-Fil-A on Thursday, so clearly a sleeve of oreos adds two pounds to my hips.  If I really try, I have a small shot at winning this thing. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and take everyone's money.... I do need to save for the next Steven Tyler concert:)  I really wish we would have done this contest last year when I weighed 225lbs....no one would have had a shot!

Tonight's kickboxing class....

Different trainer....different workout.....different pain.

Tonight, I learned how to do swing knees, hippie-hoppies, cheerleaders, body squats and some actual kickboxing moves.  I'm pretty sure the next couple of days are going to be full of pain...I'm just hoping I sit on the toilet this week without having to hold the wall for support like I've had to do a couple of times since starting this.

Swing knees....
Trainer Ryan had us hold our arms up and grip the cage and then swing one leg backward as far as possible and bring it forward (knees up as high as you could) and then repeat. over..and over..and over...until I thought death was quickly approaching.  I could feel the air in my chest getting cold and my breathing hurting.....and I guess I stopped breathing b/c The Machine was in my ear "Breathe, Anna!  I like these! You can do it!" .  I think The Machine has lost her mind...no one should "like" those.
We got a break..60 seconds..and then it was swing knees alternated with cheerleaders in different intervals.  If you really want your legs to ache....just do that for what seems like forever.

Hippie Hoppies....
Trainer Ryan thought it would be fun for us to all go to the wall and jump up on our toes and touch the wall as high as we could....repeatedly...and when I say repeatedly... I mean IT.SUCKED.  For those of you thinking "Oh, that's easy"....do it....repeatedly... I dare you.  If it doesn't tire you out...then you aren't human, you need a therapist or you're lying.
Our break after those suckers....a wall sit.  A very long wall sit.  I'm not gonna lie, I didn't do well with the Hippie Hoppies OR the wall sit.  Trainer Ryan moves peoples legs and pulls your arms out if you are slackin'.  How do I know this? Well, I was slackin'...and when my legs were moved and my arms were moved and I was told to move my butt down the wall......pain like no other appeared out of no where.

Cheerleaders....
These were like the jump squats (I may not have the right comparison...I just know Trainer Rob did something identical but it had a different name and I didn't like it then either).  I really don't do these well.  I have to seriously concentrate.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm concentrating too hard and trying to learn the moves perfectly, which in turn is screwing me up, but I really want to get this...not the cheerleaders...but this kickboxing thing!

Body Squats....
Trainer Rob did these with us once before.  The were also alternated with swing knees.  Not fun, but at least with these I didn't feel like my rolls were bouncing and jigglin' everywhere like I did with the cheerleaders.

On to the kickboxing moves...

We focused on jabs tonight...and proper stance and form.  Trainer Ryan had us get in a circle and he demonstrated our "move for the moment".  We were informed to really pay attention b/c we would be tested later.  He came to each person and gave instruction.  After that...the test....that I didn't really think would be a "test".  Each person....solo...had do to the jab move with proper form...meaning the footwork with the bounce, hands in the proper position protecting your face, chin down, outstretched jab... the whole nine yards.  Intimidating much??
If a person missed something, the whole team had to do a Burpee. I was third up and we had to do Burpee's twice already...So.... I tried to be clever and move myself to be any number except third and next, but Trainer Ryan didn't let that slide.  So...yep....more Burpee's.... I didn't hold my arms properly...

After our kickboxing tutorial and several Burpee's later, off to the boxing ring we go...for an ab workout.
New move....everyone had to get to the outer edge of the boxing ring and hang the first half of your body (he was nice and it wasn't quite half) off the ring/mat....so that we were dangling.  This forced us to have to hold our bodies up...and no one could grab ropes for support.  That was hard....our heads had to be straight with our bodies....and it seemed like forever...but it was probably only for 15 seconds at a time.  I'm not sure how many we did.... but I can guarantee my stomach will be sore tomorrow.

I believe I produced more sweat tonight than I ever have.... so much so that I could have rang water out of my bra when I got home.  You are welcome for that lovely image.  If I thought about it, then you should have to picture it.  Only fair, right?
I must note a major difference in tonight's workout versus my other three visits....this trainer doesn't let you sit and stare when he's giving a demonstration.  Instead, jump and jacks are in order...while you watch the moves. 

The veteran girls, who need to be credited for their dedication and willingness to help us newbies, kept talking about jumping on punching bags and holding on.  The Machine and T demonstrated.  As I stood and watched...I just had this need to try it.  So.... I did.  Apparently, I forgot to grip my legs around the bag, along with my arms, which meant me and all my fat rolls slid right down the bag and hit the floor.  I'm pretty sure my rumpus may have even bounced me a little...but I couldn't even worry about my butt b/c I clotheslined the punching bag when I jumped and I didn't know if my throat was still there.  All I could do is laugh.  I'll need more instruction before I attempt that again.  If you've seen the episode of Ellen where she talks about people "koaling"..that's essentially the mental picture you should have...only with a punching bag.  I failed miserably.

I have to say, I'm enjoying the class more now.  I'm not sure if it's b/c the nervousness is slowly leaving or if I'm just really getting into this.  I've lost so much weight over the last year and four months and I want to lose more!  I'm not trying to be super skinny, but I feel so much better now that I can only imagine how it would feel to lose more.  I'm blessed to have a husband who willingly helps out at home and doesn't mind picking up some extra duties so that I can do this...so...Thanks Martinez:) I'm struggling with the time away from my family.  I know it's only an hour, but when you work all day...that hour at night is precious with husband and daughter.  Even though I'm feeling guilty about this, I know it will be the best thing b/c I will hopefully be adding years to my life by getting in shape and eating healthier.....except for shark weeks.

Peace out folks!  It's bedtime!

Until Next Time...

Ma'dam Martinez

*As always, sorry for the typos*











No comments:

Post a Comment