Tuesday, January 29, 2013

17 More....only 17!

167 this morning!! Woooooooo hoooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, only 17 lbs away from my second goal weight and 12lbs from my first goal weight choice !   I can do it !  Last week, I was pretty mindful...with some slip ups...but still mindful and designated a cheat day again.  It paid off !

A few things today...

Pinterest really gets me into trouble sometimes.  I'm specifically referencing the jalapeno poppers that appeared on my screen. Good news! They were "low fat" ones....so of course I had no choice but to take myself to the store and get the supplies.  Now folks, I learned this weekend...on cheat day of course.... that I do not like the taste of fat free cream cheese as I was tasting the mix for my poppers.   I got really worried that once again, Pinterest hooked me and my recipe was gonna be a flop.  I'm so glad I followed through with the baking part because those low fat free poppers were awesome! I'm sure they would have been much more tasty had they been made with real cream cheese, but then again, they wouldn't have been low fat.... and since I planned on eating ribs and mac & cheese later (the real kind with velveeta), I had to do it the right way and make concessions!  I suggest you guys try these if you like poppers !


I would recommend that you wear gloves when handling the peppers though.....I'm not sure exactly how many hand washes gets the heat off, but I do know that 4 is not enough.

Here's the link for the recipe:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/685

You can see I failed to coat the top...OOPS!

Here's another recipe for you peeps !  K sent me a an easy crockpot recipe book a few weeks ago...and let's just say that I love it !  Martinez and I have had the following recipe twice now...delicious!

Country-Style Boneless Ribs

1 package of country-style boneless pork ribs (about a pound)
2/3c of barbecue sauce ( Sweet Baby Ray's is the way to go!)
1/3c of apple jelly
1 onion sliced
3 garlic cloves- minced

Easy-Peasy!  Place your ribs in your crockpot (you can do it frozen).   Place garlic and sliced onions over ribs (I used garlic powder b/c Martinez is very spoiled  picky). Cook for 3-4 hours on low.  About an hour before serving, mix jelly and barbecue sauce together and spread over ribs.  Let it sit on low or warm setting for sauce to set !

YUMMY!  I would advise adding some spice...Martinez doesn't care for spice.. but I do..so the second time, I added red pepper flakes !!



Since this blog was originally started to write about my weight loss journey, I decided that once I lose 75 lbs, which is 17 lbs away, I will be brave and show my "biggest loser" style photos.... perhaps after I expose these photos, it'll be in the back of my mind that everyone has seen the grossness and it'll help me keep off the weight !

Not to beat a dead horse...but I'm super excited about my 2 pound weight loss this week!

Yesterday's Calorie Count

BF- Cafe Vanilla coffee -70 cal
        Banana - 90 cal

Lunch- Turkey sandwich (wheat bread, fat free turkey meat,light miracle whip)- 170 cal
            Individual bag of Cheetos - 160 cal

Snack- orange - 60 cal

Dinner- Crockpot Baja Steak -395 cal
             1/4c steamed, brown rice -52 cal

Dessert- Skinny cow cookie ice cream - 150 cal ( I really think I should only have to count half of this since LG ate half....but I'll count the whole thing!)

Total  1,147

Another great recipe from the crockpot book...

Baja Steak

1-1/2 lbs of round steak
18 oz of chunky salsa
2c frozen corn
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped

Put your meat in the crockpot (it can be frozen); dump in the rest and cook on low for 7 hours and then serve over rice or noodles or whatever:) YUM.  Martinez agreed that this is a keeper.

We will get two meals out of this (so 4 servings)- Lose It- calculated the calories at 395 per serving, but if you don't eat as much of the corn and beans, it'll be lower... and there's a ton of corn and beans.


Now, for the important stuff:)

I've had it with a house dog.  Specifically, a house dog named Sammie who is profusely shedding.  To be clear- I LOVE Sammie.....though my doting on him has ceased since the arrival of LG..and even though I swore this would never happen....but I cannot take the shedding.  I sweep constantly.. like, I literally wake up in the mornings and think about sweeping/mopping because I have no tolerance for a dirty house... and especially no tolerance for a floor that is not clean with an animal in the house.  If you are one "those" people (yes, I categorized you) that can sit on the couch and visibly see dirt/hair/whatever and do nothing about it, then you are lazy. True story.  You have to be really sick, pregnant or a surgery victim to get a free pass from me in this department, not that my opinion matters.  Anyway, back on task- I told Martinez that Sammie is about to become a part-time outside dog to help a sister out with cleaning...  Little did I know that Martinez would not approve.  I researched some dog houses and then realized that he either needs to be in or out...not part time.....so.....Some vitamin pills have been ordered to help with the shedding (hopefully we can get Sammie to swallow them).  Also.... we invested in a Mint!  It's a runner up to the Roomba....but I'm hoping that this thing will save me some time and keep the floors clean!!

The Mint arrived yesterday... and Martinez and I tested it out...



After my initial dissatisfaction, I went to bed and watched the Losers.  When the Mint was finished, this was the result of the cleaning pad.... and let me be emphatically clear... I THOROUGHLY cleaned my floors on Sunday... THOROUGHLY....like THOROUGHLY...like...broom swept, swiffer swept and mopped...THOROUGHLY.


Disgusting.

This morning, I decided to swiffer sweep the living room floor, just to see if the Mint really did a good job....I was really not buying into this...


While I'm not pleased that any residue is on this pad, I'm pleased with the Mint.... who has now been named...........Charlie....... or in LG's voice "Char-wee....Hey Char-wee"



I'm tired of wasting your time now.

Oh wait...one more thing.  Just kidding.


Until Next Time....

Ma'dam Martinez





4 comments:

  1. Amy said what I was thinking! I don't sweep/swiffer/vacuum every day, even though I'd love to....I don't think you sleep as much as me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is what it is girls ! It is what it is.:)

    ReplyDelete