Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Treat Bag Rant

Two days in a row with keeping up with the food log challenge....I know, impressive.


I'm SO excited about my new head band from my PIC!


I'm pretty sure it made my week!

I've made a decision.
I'm not practicing making LG's birthday cake anymore.  If you missed that post, you can read about it here.
I've decided to buy it.  About two weeks ago, I was in Buy for Less getting a cookie cake for a friend's birthday.  (I promise that's not code for " I was getting a cookie cake for myself").
While I was waiting to have the cookie cake written on, I just happen to look down and see this beauty.


It looks better than the cake I found on Pinterest...and when it's blue, it'll be perfect.


I'm ordering it.  I love Buy for Less cakes.....and so do most people around us.   So, I'm caving and taking the easy way out.....I suppose this will also keep me from eating a whole lot of practice icing:)

Speaking of birthdays..... I'm just gonna put it out there.  For those who attend any of LG's parties/celebrations, don't expect treat bags.  Here's the deal.... I'm not sure who's idea it was long ago to give out treat bags.....but I just don't get it.  It's not the other kids' birthdays!  I realize that it's supposed to be a form of a "thank you for taking your time to come celebrate my child"- But- why can't saying thank you just be enough?  I mean, a thank you in return for attending your child's party is just fine for us.  Why do we have to go all out and do treat bags?  It just gets ridiculous when you are buying gender respective toys for treat bags!  We should just be content to celebrate with one another without expectations.(except the expectation of cake, of course:))
  
I will say that Pinterest provided me with some super cute ideas for a treat cup/prizes for a Cinderella theme... I even had the different prizes in my Amazon cart...but I removed them.  I'm just not going to do this.  At least I'm saying I'm not for now....if LG ends up pleading with me to do them when she's old enough to realize the meaning....I'll consider it.  I think it's ridiculous.(I don't think that any of my fellow friend moms are ridiculous if they do them- so don't get mad at me! I would just rather spend that $20 bucks on something like..cake....more cake.... or something more for LG, since after all, it is her birthday). 

Now that my treat bag rant is over, my food confessions for today:

BF- 2 sausage/egg muffin cups
       french vanilla cappuccino kcup

Lunch- double chicken chopped salad from subway & a bag of baked sour cream chips

Dinner- crockpot Mexican Lasagna with sour cream- no side for me
 
No time to snack today....super....busy!
 
-Drank my normal 80-100 oz of water and black raspberry sparkling water
 
 
Until Next Time,
 
 
 
Ma'dam Martinez








No comments:

Post a Comment