Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What?? Chicken Butt! ( this is a title for when you can't think of one)

5am jog... I. ROCKED.IT. THIS. MORNING.
Ok....I've been thinking we've been going a really long way in the mornings. Per D and her little fancy-smancy exercise gadget, we've been going a little over a mile.  STOP YO LAUGHING.  So, this morning, I JOGGED a 1/2 mile WITHOUT stopping.  This was huge for me!  I usually try to make it to the stop sign at the T in my neighborhood before pretending to die (ok.. sometimes I'm not pretending... it really feels like it)- this morning-I just kept on going.  Mostly to prove to myself that I could and partly to shock D (who was super impressed with my lack of dramatics this morning) !  I cannot believe I'm about to say this... but I actually enjoy getting up and going.  I just put my Ipod in and let Steven sing to me about dudes looking like ladies and Randy sing about how his love is deeper than the holler..What is a holler??? In south AR (Woo Pig Souiee).. that's what your mama does when you don't make your bed!  Listening to music really helps.. Steven Tyler, Randy Travis and The Beach Boys can get ya through anything!  Just sayin'.
Another plus to getting up in the mornings- you have time to CLEAN before anyone else is up making messes and touching things!  I cleaned the guest bathroom this morning ( it's little) before I had to get ready for work.  Just sayin'.. it's something I won't have to do later.

Another weight loss tip that worked for me...a tiny one:  Buy a smaller size in something you really want..Just like other tips on my weight loss, this may not work for you...but find something that does! I really wanted some jeans I saw one day.  As explained in my previous post, I'm cheap with clothing shopping... but I really wanted this pair of jeans I found that was more expensive that I usually pay.  So...as motivation and a future reward, I bought the jeans.. in a smaller size.  I worked hard to get into those jeans.  After a few weeks, I was able to get them buttoned (even though I had to jump up and down... and you know you've done this before!), and then in a couple more weeks, they fit !!  This was extremely motivating for me !

I feel like I need to blog about this little girl who has been on my mind since last week.  If any of you have seen Prayers for Kaley on Facebook, you know that this little girl had surgery last week to remove a tumor on her brain.  The parents of this little girl are being so strong and are relying on their faith to get them through.  They have a 2 month baby that they are away from while Kaley is recovering and I cannot imagine how they feel. This is not to depress anyone.. it's just something on my mind.  A Paypal account has been set up for donations to help pay for the medical bills.

OK...something different to talk about... At the beginning of August, I decided to track our expenses for grocery shopping for the month.  I am completely DISTURBED at my discovery.  From August 1st-24th, we spent $645.00 and we've added since then!!!!!!!! This is NOT ok for our family !!!!!!  I suspected a few months ago that the grocery expenses were ridiculous.. and I was right. Groceries to me include: food, toiletries, cleaning supplies (which I love:), pullups, ect.    After pondering over this for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that this is all because of PINTEREST!!!  I have random ingredients in my house and don't have a clue what recipe it was for because I'll pin a blog- and then search the recipes- buy the ingredients- and then not remember where the recipe is!!  I have to STOP!!!!!!!  My solution- no more ingredients for any new recipes for 1 solid month.  I need to see if this is truly the problem.    So, I've had Martinez list off his favorite meals and I've written them down, along with mine, and we are just going to repeat these for the entire month of September.   We are also going to renew our Sam's card and get the bulk of things there, per the extremely wise advice of DeShazo.  Our first trip to Sam's with this new plan will be either Thursday or Friday and my goal is to spend only $200.00.  The gals have helped me "prepare my list" and helped me refrain putting things I do not need to buy.  I'm hoping for only two Sam's trips for the entire month and a total of $400.00 in expenses for September !  I'll keep you posted and let you know what happens!  I'm still in shock over my discovery.. and I need to add to it because we've bought pullups and some other things since the 24th !!!!!  I hate grocery shopping.  I'd rather clean toilets at the grocery store than shop at them.  Martinez and I have attempted the whole cash/envelope method.. but that doesn't work for us.  Neither one of us like having cash on us and it just became a hassle.  Hopefully, no new recipes and Sam's will change things !

Speaking of cash and envelopes.... I do have one envelope that I keep cash in for birthday and Christmas gifts.  I thought I had lost it today and went into a panic !  Thankfully, the hubby found it ! 

This evening has definitely been a challenge.  LG has been in an awful mood.  She's teething and this is just straight out rough!  Although she's been moody, she gave me the sweetest smiles and hug before bed. 


I'm pretty sure this smile made up for everything.  She is duplicate of her daddy!  Man, I'm so thankful for my family. 
That's all for today !

Until next time.....


3 comments:

  1. Some things we learned about Sams shopping....not everything is cheaper there. If you are using a lot of something for many different meals get it and go ahead and divide it up to the portions you need it in. And then there are the perishables...we wasted a lot of money buying stuff we didn't get to eat all of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun- I tried to be mindful of your advice at Sam's tonight. We didn't buy many fruits/fresh veggies because the portions were too big and I knew they would go bad.

    Mere- I WAS TOO TIRED for Aldi.....maybe next time!! I wish there was one on my way home!

    ReplyDelete