Monday, August 20, 2012

Clean, Clear and Under Control

This weekend was busy and too short ! Martinez, LG and I were able to hang out with two couples from our church and have a great dinner on Saturday evening.  Shout out to Meredith- one of the BEST cooks EVER.  Basically- she needs to teach cooking classes!

Time for confessions of the day..... my 5am jog sucked this morning !!!  When my alarm went off at 4:57am... I was in shock!  I felt as though I had just fallen asleep... and after watching the Lion King with LG last night, I woke up hearing "it's our problem free... philosophy" in my mind.  Needless to say,  I did NOT do well this morning.  I only jogged two and a half streets the entire time and ended up walking ( not even fast paced) the rest of the way.   I wish that I had powered through and jogged more, but I didn't and I'll just have to do better tomorrow! My  neighbor/jogging partner (D) totally let me know how lame my jog/walk was... and so did her fella.  The best thing about having a jogging partner is having someone hold you accountable.  D is brutally honest- which is good for me!  She's actually dragged me down the street before...so I better step it up before that happens again.  I had shin-splints for a week after that!  She also calls me out for my dramatics while exercising.  I can't count the times she rolls her eyes while I'm "coughing" and heaving:)

Another weight loss tip that worked for me:

Clean out the food in your house!  Try to get rid of everything you know that is unhealthy... like flour pastas/breads- just go ahead and convert to wheat.  It's WAY better for you and the taste isn't that much different.  Get rid of the cookies, chips...even those mini candy bars or oreos you've hidden for emergencies-All of the crap- don't wait until those boxes/containers are empty-get it out now.  If it's not in your house, then you won't eat it.  It's simple.  This doesn't mean you can't eat these food ever again, but for now, eliminate it.  On days when you want a reward for your effort, stop by the store and buy ONE treat...that way when it's gone, it's gone...not 9 more in the box!  Something important to realize is that if you want to lose weight and maintain the loss- you are NOT dieting.  You are changing your eating habits forever.  Fill your pantry/fridge with healthier options.  I love chocolate... so.. I had to find a snack with chocolate in it that wasn't too high in calories.  Special K Chocolatey delight is something in my house all the time now.  It's a low calorie snack and it's delicious.  You have to find replacements that work for you.  Of course, I have days where I totally splurge.  This is not really ok ( per the Biggest loser:))), but it happens.  Specifically, I totally splurged on birthday cake when LG turned one....and for a few days after.I could not resist that buttercream icing...it's the BEST.  Forget that whipped crap.  That's my tip for today !

This week, my goal is to clean one room in my house each night thoroughly.  Last night, I mastered the kitchen!  Tonight, I'm going to try to deep clean the guest room and the guest bathroom.  Hopefully, I'll succeed... and maybe even try to jog before bed!  I guess this is actually another thing I do to distract myself from snackin' at night... find something to clean and organize!  There is ALWAYS something that can be cleaned or straightened!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment