Friday, August 17, 2012

No Excuses

A little about my evening yesterday...

Before getting home yesterday, I had planned to clean house and do some general housekeeping organizational things once arriving. This did NOT happen.  My neighbor came over and totally called me out for skipping out on our scheduled 5AM jog... two mornings in a row. So, my plans changed from preparing dinner, playing with LG, cleaning and bed to.. preparing dinner, playing with LG, JOGGING, showering, and then bed.  As mentioned in my previous post, I CAVE under pressure... but in this instance... it was positive.  Not only did I burn off the chocolate pumpkin muffin I consumed, I reached yet another accomplishment...the most jogging I've ever done!  Of course, I still felt as though I was having a heart attack while doing it, but I didn't feel the need to call a taxi to come get me ...and yes.....I've almost done that before:) I tend to be slightly dramatic and make about a million excuses as to why I can't exercise or follow through with it.

EXCUSES...I am a PRO at making excuses. As promised yesterday, a little more about my weight loss. I had to eliminate excuses for not losing weight.  I had a huge list.....I like to eat, I don't know how to prepare healthy meals, the hubs is a picky eater so I can't adjust our meals, fertility drugs made me gain weight, I just had a baby, I have PCOS, I don't like to sweat so I can't exercise, I don't have anyone to do this with... this list goes on and on and on!!!! Bottom line, there is NO excuse...for me at least.  While I do feel that there are many people who cannot help being overweight or even obese, I feel there is a greater number of people that make obstacles in their lives into EXCUSES...or even pretend they don't care.  For example, after finding out I had PCOS, I let myself believe that I was just going to be obese forever and that I couldn't help it.  Yes, obese.  For my height, age, ect, my BMI was in the obese category.  I was lying to myself.  Even with PCOS, I can and have overcome this and I'm in a much healthier place.... I'm NOT done...but doing much better and no longer in that obese category.  STOP making excuses.   This is paramount. I was the queen at saying that I would try the following week or month so that it would be a fresh start... EXCUSE. A clear mind and vision was first and foremost for me in this weight loss journey.

I hear LG starting to wake up from her nap, so it appears my new blogging venture is done for now! Of course, more to come later.

P.S.  I fully realize this blog is not grammatically correct, as I've used several contractions, ect.  It's a blog....and I don't intend on making it grammatically correct...ever.  I don't have time:) (excuse).  :)  Told ya... I'm a pro at this.

For a great weekend snack full of chocolate explosion, yet reasonable in calorie content, try the following recipe...of course... it's from Pinterest:

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins/Cupcakes

1 chocolate cake mix
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree

Mix the two ingredients at medium speed until well blended.  Pour into a cupcake/muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean.

Only 147 calories per muffin/cupcake!  This is LESS than a banana folks!!!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment