Thursday, January 18, 2018

Update on Goals

And once again, the blog returns.

The DeShazo thought that the two of us should update the world, a/k/a our loyal few readers, on our new year goals......from 2016.

I'm a tad behind, so here goes:

GOALS (from 2016)


1) I want to lose 15 more pounds.  Let's be real- I need to lose another 30, but I'm not gonna work out to do it.  I'd rather clean toilets that don't belong to me than to do that.

 I totally did this !  I ended up losing 23 pounds! Of course now, I want to lose 23 more.

But then there's cake.

2) Quit the skipping of church service. After I had B and was bf, it became a habit to leave church after SS so that I could pump.....but it stayed around.  That extra hour was so nice that we just sort of let it happen too much.  We've been trying to rectify the error of our ways, but we could get better.  There's no excuse. We know better.  I don't want to put a number on it....but I'm saying no more than 10 skips this year.  I can see some of ya'll's eyes  are popping out of your heads because you can't fathom how we can even miss that much.  Keep your judgments to yourselves! Vacations, sick days with kids- it can add up quickly.  This goal is to keep us from lazily skipping service.

We did it ! We are back in the swing of things.  
I'm gonna take a minute to throw a shout out to our church.  Country Estates Baptist Church is awesome.   We have some of the best people at our church.  They love the Lord and they love people.  I have made such sweet friends here.  If you need a place to feel loved, to worship, and to learn, check us out.  You won't regret it.

3) Daily Bible Reading - The DeShazo and I are going to read Jesus Is Calling this year.  I've seen posts about how this is a bad devotional book- and I've seen posts raving about it. We shall see.

Fat Failure.  In the beginning.....
I started out ok.  I think I made it maybe 3 weeks.  I couldn't focus on the Jesus is Calling devotional.  I know so many people that love it. I felt like it was basically saying the same thing everyday...and maybe that's the point?  I don't know.  The DeShazo would ask me what I thought about a specific day's devotional and all I could tell her was something about the valley, paths, and the mountains.  I don't even know if I read those words?!!!  

I need a different way...feel free to throw out suggestions.


4) The DeShazo and I have talked for a few years about copying Mix and Match Mama's Holiday Party.  We are making that party happen December 2017.

Failed ! We bailed on that so fast!!
We went for coffee instead.

5) I never remember in time to do Christmas cards.  I'll also confess that sometimes I just haven't wanted too- but 2017- I'm making the effort.

Failed.  I'm cracking up right now at the thought that I might actually get around to this.  I must have been feeling inspired and motivated when I said that.

6) Spend less money on material things for my kids and more on experiences for them.

Definitely improved on this!

7) Manage my time a little more efficiently at home- which means phone time needs to cease.

Made some improvements- but a long way to go.

8) Clean out the attic.  It's scary up there.

Success, thanks to CEBC's mission Orlando fundraiser!

9) Potty train Beckham. I've been warned by many that the little fellas aren't as easy to potty train as girls- so I'm trying to prepare myself that I may not make it before age two like Livi- but I'm still going to make the effort.

BIGGEST FAILURE EVER !!!!!!!! EVER!!!! IT'S ON MY LAST RESERVED NERVE! 

That is all.

10)  Work out 10 minutes a week.  This is from The Deshazo.  I tried to convince her to do 10 minutes a month- but I failed. She also advised that cleaning house didn't count- because we used to text each other early in the morning to get up and work out- and while she was exercising I was mopping floors.

Yeah right.  This girl ain't working out 10 minutes anytime.

Although, The DeShazo is making me do 30 squats a day.
I'm currently struggling to sit on the toilet properly, as I tried to be an over-achiever the last 2 days and do 50 a day.  I'm forced to fall back on the toilet at the moment because it hurts to sit. 
You are welcome for that visual, folks.

I decided that I could do these squats while my food is being microwaved at work. That would give me incentive.  Do squats... then eat.....do more squats.... then eat. It's perfect.


That's enough of my rambling. You can check out The DeShazo's update here.







1 comment:

  1. Wooohoooo! Keep those squats coming! I'll text you tomorrow to remind you ;)

    ReplyDelete