Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018 Goals

I’ve realized that I did not post my new goals for 2018.  It's taken a few days of writing a sentence or two here and there, so here goes, in no particular order:

1) Do me.   This may seem selfish, but I don’t mean for it to. I just mean that I’m gonna stop worrying about what someone else thinks about how I parent/dress/wear my makeup, etc.  I’m getting to old to keep worrying about this stuff.

2) Simplify/Change Routine I really need to stop stressing about routine down to the minute. It’s taken me all of Liv's kindergarten and half of first grade year to realize that I don't have to be in the drop off line before school opens.
I've also realized that it's OK to not have the dishwasher loaded within fifteen minutes of being home. I know, it's ridiculous. I'm working on it.
This also means that we may not make every birthday party or event and that will have to be ok.

Oh yea, and I'm buying uncrustables for my kids' lunches now too. My kids get a pbj sandwich in their lunch every Monday.  I never can get that peanut butter to jelly ratio right and just tear the bread or it runs out. I'm over that! It’s gross anyway.

3) Only cook a couple major meals a week.  I'm from a family where you ate home-cooked meals and eating out was a big deal.  Our little family operates similarly, but that may change.  I need more time in the evenings to just talk to my little ones.  So, Martinez, be prepared!  I'm planning for 2, maybe 3 home-cooked meals a week.  It'll be cereal, fend for yourself, or find something in the freezer otherwise.

4)  More intentional time with my family.  This goes in line with #3.  I still need to focus on intentional, deliberate time with my family.  Less social media when I am with them, less texting, reading or whatever.  I need to limit distractions.

5) Read scripture/pray more.  I have to do this.  I'm going to work harder on making time and focusing on this.

6) Embrace my lip dip💄💄.  When The DeShazo reads this, she's going to laugh.
It's no secret... I LOVE lipstick.   Because The Deshazo and I discuss nearly everything, my lips and lipstick have been a topic many times.  I have the thinnest lips ever.  It breaks my heart that have the tiniest of lips in which to spread my precious Ruby Woo lipstick.  Further, I have a strange lip dip (assuming it's called a lip dip). It's too deep.

This was the look I was going for:


 You may recognize this actress from the show Quantico.  I discussed my wishes for having lips like these to The DeShazo, who quickly let me know that I'd need botox for this situation.

My MAC lipstick is my favorite piece of makeup.  So naturally, in an effort to provide more surface area to smear that lipstick, I took matters into my own hands and made a new lip dip.



As you can see, it didn't quite work.

Thus, I'm gonna embrace the lip dip I have and leave well enough alone.

I suppose now would be a good time to tell you that I appeared at work a few times with some strange outlines around my lips for enlargement purposes.  The DeShazo and I shared many laughs about that.



If you would like an update to the 25lb bag of flour I accidentally ordered on the Walmart Grocery App...



I stripped out the gears or something like that in my mixer attempting to do some baking and I need a new one!  I'll also confess now that I wasn't even out of flour to begin with. 

 But hey, that buttercream icing was finished and that's what counts.



1 comment:

  1. You do YOU, sister! And yes, please, for the sake of your lip liner, embrace that dip.

    ReplyDelete