Thursday, October 6, 2016


Hello Friends-

Hope your week as treated you well!


10 Songs I'm Into - Topic 3


So here's the deal, I'm into way more than 10 songs. Way more.  And depending on my mood, which I might add changes second to second, the "way more than 10 songs" changes too.   I've often times made The Deshazo suffer through one my "name the singer" days, wherein I play her countless songs and make her guess the artist.  When she doesn't get the correct answer within 3 seconds, I berate her knowledge.... and so then... she quizzes me on her more quirky tunes or those Beatles she's obsessed with, and I'm left in the cold with wrong answers.
I mean, we are held in beige walls during the week- we need some entertainment people!  This may be a sign of our insanity....or just mine?

Primarily, I'm a country music girl.  I know many people who say "country music is just people singing about breakups, dogs and drinking".  Yep.  Nailed It.  and I want to hear about it all. Every time.  As I've aged and entered my thirties (Oh my!), I've found myself listening to those oldies a lot.  They take me back in my mind to certain days- nostalgia.

Funny Confession Ecard: You had me at 'Hello' and lost me at 'I don't like country music.':

 I feel like this topic is quite restricting- but I'll give it go with songs I'll listen to almost any time.

In no particular order:

1) Vidalia- Sammy Kershaw
Friends, the voice of Sammy singing about a girl named after an onion ?  Do I even need to explain the awesomeness?

I remember having an alarm set to this at one point growing up and my mom wanting me to change it because she didn't really enjoy the screaming of "Vidalia, Vidalia, girl won't ya tell me why...." so early in the morning.

2) Deeper than the Holler- Randy Travis
I've always loved this song.  No specific reason.  I love Randy.  Love the words.  And I can listen over and over.

3) Fishin' in the Dark- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
When Livi was tiny, maybe 2, she would just hear the guitar in the beginning of this song and start squealing.  For a small while, she called this her song.

This song also takes me back to a job I had in high school and college at Fred's.  It was the only decent song on the cd that played on repeat. We had a really good crew- most of us were about the same age and loved this song.  I will also confess to us singing it over the intercom in the store when we shouldn't have.  One person would sing one line- and then another would grab a phone from another spot and sing another line for all the store to hear.
I'm surprised we stayed employed.


4) How Can it Be- Lauren Daigle
Christian music is something I listen to some, but it's never been my first choice.  I have a few Christian songs/ artists I really enjoy- and this is one.  This song gives me chills.


5) Head Over Boots - Jon Pardi
This little fella has a few really good songs- and this one is just cute to me.


6) He Walked on Water - Randy Travis
A classic.  Sweet Randy singin' about a grandpa with no teeth? Yes, please !  I get teary eyed when I hear this song. 


7) Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Classic.

8) Dirt- Florida Georgia Line
I think it's just a perfect country song.

9) O Holy Night - Mariah Carey
Most years, you know, before Halloween, I break out my Mariah Carey Christmas cd.  Except last year, I thought someone stole it because it's such high value and I couldn't find it- but Martinez later found it right in the open in my car. 
Whatever.
If my life depended on it, I couldn't even guess the amount of times I've listened to this song, screeching in my car to try to reach that high note at the end. It just ain't in the cards for me.

10) Cryin' Crazy, Angel, Dream On, Dude Looks Like a Lady- Aerosmith
I can't choose an Aerosmith song.  He sings/screams his heart out.  I can listen to them all on repeat.


Image result for steven tyler ecards


Holy cow.  Listing out some of these songs I listen to alllll the time is making me feel mushy. Gag.
Maybe I'll embrace it. 

Check out The DeShazo's blog here.


A few photos from this week...






Yep, a box of graham crackers crushed on the floor.  Folks, it takes literally 30 seconds of me trying to do anything at all before he finds something to get into.  A few weeks ago, it was a box of teddy grahams....and the bathroom trash can.



This big girl was so proud of her award this week.

When did he grow up?

Such a big girl !






Until Next Time,

1 comment:

  1. Reading this and thinking about you listening to these songs makes me remember...... getting yelled at for not knowing who sings them.

    ReplyDelete