Thursday, September 29, 2016

First Love



Hello Friends-

I hope your week has been fabulous.

So far, mine has been pretty good....minus that one moment when I was mowing Monday night and drove the lawn mower off the curb and had to get Martinez to hobble on out on his crutches to fix the situation.
I would have to say the "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" quote didn't quite apply with one wheel hanging off the curb.


First Love- Topic 2


It was a beautiful, sunny day when I met him and I knew immediately.
We would spend hours sitting outside on my front porch while he sang songs and played his guitar.  I can't sing, so I would just listen and soak it all in and paint my toenails. When he wasn't singing to me, we would ride horses and four wheelers and just enjoy being outside.   He was very artistic, which is totally opposite from me, and a welcome change.  We were together for two years before he moved away because his band was getting big.  It was sad, but I knew I had to let him go. We both needed to move on with our lives and do the things we were supposed to do and meet those perfect people for us.

All lies. And yes, that's exactly how I'd imagine it would be if Steven Tyler was a young fella in my time.

So if you are wondering why we even have this topic, then you can get the background here.

When the DeShazo and I were first introduced to this topic via Pinterest, there was some eye rolling because neither one of us have a mushy bone in our body and we immediately were thinking we would have to write out our love lives.  And we are so not those people.  Then, the light bulb went off and we realized we could take an different approach.

I've been trying to figure out what my first love was.  What/Who was the first thing I can remember really loving?

Was it the Little Debbie shortcake rolls that I used to pop in the freezer and then unroll and eat?  Please remember, yet again, that this blog was originally for weight maintenance......




Or was it fishing in the pond we used to have when I was kid in our side yard in the evenings with my brother?  Since he's MUCH older (love you bro ), he would always be a dear and take my fish off the hook for me, as I seemed to always fail miserably at this and get finned and then I'd whine.


 We really need some updated photographs.


Or was it riding horses?  Music?

This topic was a tough one for me.

I ultimately decided on reading.  I know. Lame.
I can't even remember when I knew I loved to read.  It just happened.
I spent hours and hours reading book after book.
I would read just about anything ... except my history book that I should have been reading.

In the summers, my mom would take me to the library every Monday to get a new set of books for the week.  Monday was her "grocery shopping day",  so we hit the library up before that.  Geez, I wonder why I do things on certain days??
After I tried to sneak a Stephen King book in the stack somewhere around age 9, she cracked down on my choices.....
I mean, I liked scary movies just like her.....but I remember very clearly that that defense wasn't helping my situation at all. 

My days would be spent in a fantasy world of whatever book I was reading.  It's an escape in your mind- you are in a different place- a different person.... and then I'd be shaken from the spot on the couch I'd been in for hours to "get up and water the horses" or "fold the laundry" because after all, I'd been in that spot an entire day and onto my second book before I realized how much time had passed.

.....This sums me up.....

Reading was so fun then and still is to me now- there's just little time now to squeeze it in.


A few photos from this week....



Check out The DeShazo's blog here.


Until Next Time.......


1 comment: