Thursday, October 13, 2016

Three Good Thoughts


Hello All!

This week has been a rough one... but the weekend is almost here.
For the Martin's, that means a fall party, a birthday party, church and I'm hoping to squeeze in hours of Netflix binge watching...only now that I think about it... we really won't be home much at all.

Three Good Thoughts- Topic 4

1) I'm free
Shelby dropped off Michelle Knight's book, Finding Me, a couple weeks ago. This is a memoir of Michelle's life before and during her captivity in Cleveland, Ohio.  I cannot imagine how this girl survived 10-11 years with Ariel Castro, and two other captives.  She was raped, beaten, and starved. Can you imagine having a decade of your life stolen from you?  You rely on the person who took everything from you for water...food....anything. It's so sad.
So, I'm thankful I'm free.   I'm able to wake without chains...I'm able to be with family.
No matter what else is going on - I'm free.

This book is graphic, but it's a book that will make you look around and just be thankful for what you have.  I know I'm so blessed and need to focus on that so much more!



2) Coffee

No matter how sleepy I am, there is coffee.  Lots of it.



3) My Kids 




I love these little people.  Do we have bad days?  Of course....but most are good or great and I cannot imagine life without them.




They love each other !

Don't forget to check out The DeShazo's blog here.


If you have time to make this with your kiddos- it's fun.

Halloween Cookie Pizza (Pinterest recipe)

Get a sugar cookie roll, smash it and make it like a pizza and bake it at 375 until it's dark brown; spread half cup of peanut butter on the crust; then add crushed oreos/candy corn/chocolate chips/whatever you like; then heat up a half cup of vanilla frosting and drizzle it on the top.  Livi loved making this !








Until Next Week,










 

1 comment:

  1. I am really surprised coffee made the list after the fit we both threw yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete