Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pie & Bras

Let's revert back to Friday...

Weigh in.... 1 pound loss since last Friday, putting me back at a 50 pound weight loss... but I still have 1 more pound to go to be back where I was before our holiday trip and my 6 pound weight gain.  Were the yummy foods worth it?  Well....yes and no.  I should have had more portion control:)


I know you guys are tired of reading about the sweet tator pie...but that's too bad.  My momma rocks...and since I'm not much of a "homemade" cookin' gal, making this pie was a challenge...and I made them.  My mom's recipe makes two... and man did they turn out yummy !


Be jealous.  I do need to learn to take them out of the oven a little better.  They had no cracks before I removed them.


I only had to call my mom 4 times for help and it only took 2 hours of my day.......(refrain from eye rolling)

Unfortunately, a cold has made its way in my home again...and I'm not a fan...LG has the sniffles too...and that makes for a cranky momma and little one.

Speaking of cranky... I expressed to my mom that Martinez and I are dealing with a toddler that seems to be triple testing the waters around here.  This led to me learning that at 3 years old, I told my mom, "I'm bored" with an attitude.  Why am I telling you this??  As a result of my sassy comment, I was taught to sort laundry and fold it - thus preventing any future comments of "I'm bored".  Again, Why am I telling you this??  Mostly to let The DeShazo and Vic know that this must be where I got the love and need of doing laundry every day:)

I can't wait til LG tells me she's bored.  I'm gonna hand her a rag and some dusting polish and let her swipe baseboards!


So.... last night... Martinez informs me that he would like to give me one of my Christmas gifts early.  Even though I harass him to tell me what he gets me... and everyone else for that matter... I really love surprises and don't wanna know.  Our conversation went something like this:

Martinez:  I think I wanna give you one of your Christmas gifts early.

Me:           Why?

Martinez:   Cuz you need it.

Me:             I really don't need anything except some pie.

Martinez:    Ya, you do.

Me:              No I don't.  Oh wait.  Is it jeans?  I can wait and we are going to Dallas next week anyway.

Martinez:     It's not jeans.  I was gonna get you a giftcard to this place, but I think I'll just take you tomorrow if you are feeling better.  I even tried to win you some!

Me:               Oh. My. Gosh.  It's bras isn't it???  Wait...YOU TRIED TO WIN SOME?

Ok ya'll.  I love Martinez.  I find this whole conversation entertaining and I know two others that will as well.  You're welcome.

To further explain this conversation, Martinez heard about "The Lingerie Store" on the radio this week and apparently Joey and Heather did an entire segment about this store... and had a prize for the person who called in at the right time.  Martinez gave me a lesson on "proper bra measurement" and informed me that "this is definitely the right place".

After laughing forever... The following popped in my mind:

1)  Do I complain about the girls so much that Martinez is finding a solution? ( YES)
2)  Do I complain about the girls so much that Martinez has noticed the problem? (Oh man, I hope not... but of course he has cuz you showed him the genie bra with conviction)
3)  Is is that obvious????? ( SOMEBODY THROW ME A BONE!!!!!!)

Despite my nose running, and feeling crazy in my head this morning, Martinez and I had a few errands to run, and one of those errands was visiting The Lingerie Store in Nichols Hills.  Ladies.....you must go there!  I'm not disclosing my "new/proper" measurement..mostly for your benefit, but I did think that the lady made this measurement up until I actually saw the size written in my new gear!

Tonight....

I tried a new Pinterest recipe...it seems that I'm slipping into my old ways....

Though it looked like the Buffalo Chicken Pizza minus the green onions on Pinterest....it certainly didn't taste as good as it looked.  Apparently, I should have gone with some earlier advice before buying blue cheese dressing and trying it first. 




I kinda gagged a little..ok... a lot... while making the pizza...and while looking at this photo, but man oh man... tasting it made me almost throw up my pie.  Martinez laughed the whole time I was dry heaving......Ya'll... if ya don't know what blue cheese dressing and Frank's Buffalo sauce smells/tastes like....DON'T DO IT!  I wasted $10 bucks on that recipe... that could have been used for more pie supplies...

Until Next Time....


Ma'dam Martinez






No comments:

Post a Comment