Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Biggest Loser Rant


5am- It's just really not happening ya'll.  I keep telling myself that it's ok if I exercise at night if I don't get up, but with all the stuff going on for us this week, it hasn't happened.

I'm interested to see what my weight is on Friday. I'm really only expecting a pound or two loss due to my frozen pizza and fudge indulgence.

Something highly disturbing..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20653562,00.html

I'm so sad and happy at the same time for the teenagers on The Biggest Loser.  I'm happy that they are getting help, yet sad at the same time that they even qualify. This article really made me think about what I feed LG.  As a mom who does the cooking/grocery shopping, it's MY responsibility to feed her good foods. I'm all about treats- obviously- but there has to be a limit.  They are overweight/obese kids everywhere- not just the three referenced in this People article.  It's NOT the kids' fault.  It's the parents' fault. WE are the ones buying the food and distributing it.  Just STOP buying all the junk food and take control of what is offered and how much.  Cookies, chips, sausage balls (b/c I've eaten these myself at times) are NOT acceptable breakfasts, ect.  I'm preaching to myself about this too... as I've been guilty of allowing LG to eat crap b/c I have one of those kids who doesn't always want to eat.  I've got to be stricter in this area!  Not only are these kids at risk for a long list of health scares..... obesity leads to death!  Come on parents! We've got to take control ! Another thing....let's think about the emotional side of this.  Overweight adults experience an emotional roller coaster when thinking about how they look, feel, ect.  So how in the world do these kids feel?  I would imagine (b/c I've seen this happen) that they are made fun of constantly- which drives them to eat more to try to make themselves feel better.  I would also imagine that their self esteem is at  a low all the time- even if they don't always show it.

I guess I'm off my soap box now:)

Today's Calorie Intake

BF- Peanut Butter Kashi Bar - 120 cal

Snack - Coffee -10 cal

Lunch- half of a flatbread wrap - 130 cal

snack- nutri grain bar and a piece of fudge (people..don't bring any more sweet treats to the office!)- 210 cal

Dinner - Sausage & Cream Cheese crescent rolls and eggs- 720

Total 1,190



Until Next Time....


Ma'dam Martinez











No comments:

Post a Comment