Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Can't Think Of A Title :)

Tonight was kickboxing!

Martinez was held up at work, so I was a few minutes late, but thankfully, only missed the warm-up.  Trainer Rob was back, which meant another circuit workout of sorts.  We did lunges with weights, split jumps?( I have no idea if I just typed the correct name), jogs, some other kind of jumps and wall sits....all out in the hot sun. 
I haven't been to kickboxing in 12 days (thanks to the stomach bug) and I could tell it. 
Here's how I felt...


only I forgot my water...again.
 
We did a different type of wall sit tonight...partner wall sits.  One of you would sit on the wall, legs spread, while the other balanced their body with hands only on your partners knees and did squats.  I don't really think my description is really close...but I'm not sure how to describe it.  All I know, is that my partner was a skinny little thing that I'm pretty sure I outweigh by 70lbs or so.  I was so afraid I was gonna break her, but if you're wondering, I didn't :) She's tough.
All I could hear was Trainer R walking around singing and saying, "Get in your happy place." What? Ain't nobody happy!
 
After all that mess, inside we go for kickboxing.  Trainer Rob had us doing some awkward variations, but I was pouring sweat like no other, so I know it was working.  We were doing punches with knee kicks and the other kicks we learned weeks ago and then punches again repeatedly.  Whenever the knee kicks were happening, you were supposed to grab your partner's head with your gloves.  I'm gonna be real honest, I had to sniff my pits to make sure I should do this.  I didn't want to kill my partner since my pit would be right by her face.  Thankfully, the extra swipes of deodorant paid off.......I think.  Right Adrianna?????? No, really???
 
After punches, we were instructed to get down and lay on our backs. WHAT?
Here come the abs again...those flutter kicks(sigh...I'm still working on these), Russian twists (WHAT??- Thank you Lynsey and Jaime for working with me on those after class!), something else I forgot, sit-ups with a partner wherein you interlock ankles and "sit-up" and punch right to left and repeat, and more things I forgot.  I'm pretty sure Adrianna and I were pimps at the first round of the sit-ups....but not so much the last two rounds....
 
After class.... group photo of those who hadn't left..
 
 
We are pretty much the coolest people ever.  Ok, so maybe not, but I promise this place is fun, even though it hurts.  I can't thank The Machine enough for getting me involved in this.  I feel awesome and I've really starting making new friendships and meeting new people!  You would think I would know more people after living here almost 6 years...but let's face it.... Martinez and I don't get out much:)
 
R-1 MMA is awesome !  They are having a Grand Opening on Saturday and I'm sure it'll be fun!
 

 
So, I have to tell you guys about my discovery.  Martinez and I were laying in bed last week and I discovered my new muscles!!!  For real!!!  I have tiny little arm muscles now that I didn't have before this class...and I'm acting like they are this big....
 
 

 
 
 
 


Just ask Martinez when you get the chance, I haven't stopped flexing them.  As soon as I discovered them I shot up in bed and made him feel em'.... and then I went to work the next day and showed everyone.. and made them feel em' too.  It is what it is.
It's ok to be jealous folks.. no, really, it is.
Back in the day, you know, 6 ish years ago when I was an Arkansan, I had some muscles from hauling hay for my dad.  I could throw those bales pretty good and hang with the fellas...to an extent, but then I moved to Oklahoma, chopped off my hair and got fat.  I'm two pounds away from weighing 20 lbs less than when Martinez and I married! BOOM BOOM! 
 
 Day 2 of the part-time vegetarian diet this week is killing me.  I just want a piece of meat!!!!  One of the girls mentioned that someone (one of the guy fighters) had brought in a McDonald's bag.  I'm not gonna lie, I seriously considered stopping by the McDonald's by my house on the home and inhaling a burger or five...I mean, no one would know....but I vowed to never eat fries or burgers from there again a few months ago.  So far, I've been successful.  Instead, I came home and scrambled two eggs and had a piece of 50 cal toast with 0 cal butter. 
After kickboxing, I want to eat the house down...every..single...time.  I've eaten two turkey dogs, a peanut butter waffle and a bowl of cereal after class before..in one sitting.  It's like I'm starving!  As I'm typing this, I'm thinking about those skinny cow bars in the freezer...and those jalapeno chips...oh man, I'm getting distracted...
I think I'll just go to bed instead.
 
Until Next Time.....
 
Ma'dam Martinez
 
*As always, sorry for the typos!*
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment